Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hooray!!!!

Yay!!! I did it!!!! I finally finished the Book of Mormon!!! I finished last night. It took me a day longer than planned I think because of the holiday and because Tuesday was an extremely busy day. But I finished!! It was a wonderful experience. I have learned so much and gained such an appreciation for the prophets of old; what steadfast faith, obedience, and love of the Lord they had. I think I was given a more eternal perspective of life from reading as well. Every time I may feel less hope or discouragement, I can remember that it passes and that the Lord has stretched out his hand in mercy to me.

I am so grateful for the fullness of the gospel that the Lord has blessed us with today. I am grateful to know that miracles, and visions continue today. My faith has been strengthened in the Lord and I know He loves me.

It's amazing how much free time I found that I have. I think this will also help me to be more productive because I realized how much time I actually DO have in the day. If anyone does want to do this though, I highly recommend getting plenty of sleep. lol. There were days that I felt like I was a zombie because I felt like I was just reading and falling asleep all day. Poor Ammon. Feeling the spirit a lot really takes it's toll on the physical body after a while. But what a blessing.

I am glad to be done though. It was an exhausting week. I think next I will read the Doctrine and Covenants(at a slower pace, though).

2 comments:

Megan said...

okay it's official you are my new hero. i bow down to you.. ok just joking about that last part. anyways your rock! i cannot believe you read the whole book of mormon that fast! with a baby, husband, home, chores and all of that shnaz! i think i will try this challenge some time. right now my big goal is to catch up on reading the ensign. i haven't read a whole ensign once this year. so my goal is to read every single issue of the ensign for this year by the end of the year. think i can do it?!

Megan said...

okay i decided to tag you... if you don't like doing these silly tags i won't blame you ha ha. anyways check out my blog for details.