
How Firm a Foundation
3. Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed, For I am thy God and will still give thee aid. I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand, Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous Uphelp by my righteous, omnipotent hand.
7. The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes; That soul, through all hell should endeavor to shake, I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never, no never forsake!!!
I think this song is my favorite hymn right now. I was listening to the arrangement that the tabernacle choir sings this morning before church and I started crying. I don't cry all that much at those kind of things. But that song has always been really powerful to me. Our bishop in sacrament meeting today commented on music and how it can bring the spirit into our hearts in ways that nothing else can. I've always felt that way. Music is so powerful and I'm grateful for that beautiful gift from our Father in Heaven.
I'm sorry, I know, every time I post I post about a million things. Things just tend to happen in clumps in my life I guess, ha ha. Hey question for the lovely ladies in my ward: does anyone know when book club is this month?
I'm sorry, I know, every time I post I post about a million things. Things just tend to happen in clumps in my life I guess, ha ha. Hey question for the lovely ladies in my ward: does anyone know when book club is this month?
3 comments:
Book club is always on the fourth Tuesday. That is the 22nd this month. The book is "Summer of Light" by W. Dale Cramer.
I love that hymn, too. It's one of my favorites! There's a reason that we do so much singing in primary. Because it brings the spirit. Sometimes the kids learn more from singing the songs than from hearing sharing time.
I'm so glad you are our singing lady. You are never getting released. Ever.
Post a Comment