Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hence....Simple

As I was thinking about what to name my blog(it's hard for a person like me with little to no creativity) the word simple came to mind. I knew Melissa's blog is "my simple life" and I am not trying to rip her off, I just thought about how simple my life really is and a really special principle I learned my first year up at USU. I worked really hard to develop good scripture study habits my freshman year because I wanted to literally have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost and I felt like it was possible. So everyday I would pray that I would feel the presence of the spirit through out the day. There's a scripture that says "...for it was given unto them what they should pray, and they were filled with desire."(3 Ne 19:24) I feel like the spirit led me to pray for that because Heavenly Father wanted to teach me a principle. I found that as I worked to study the gospel and pay close attention to the spirit, I found that he was communicating with me all the time. I found so many small, and simple miracles everyday. And thus, it really is the simple things in life, in the gospel of Jesus Christ that make our lives wonderful and help us to keep on keeping on when we don't know if we can.

4 comments:

Eric Peckham said...

Kathie - I love your new blog! Mom and I have already enjoyed it so much. Can't wait to see what's still coming!

Love ya lots,

Dad

meg said...

Look at you all grown up and blogging! I'm so inspired! Seriously, Kathie, the people that love you will always want to know what is going on with you. You're wonderful - Love you!

Melissa E Photography said...

Kath, we are practically twins. It is only natural we would have similar experiences with word simple! :) I think half of the challenge of motherhood is learning to find joy in the simplicities of life.

Running was good today! When would you like to go again?

Kathie said...

I felt awful for about 20 minutes afterword, but yeah it was so good for me to get up and get moving with the sun. I would "love" to go again. lol