Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Emergency Preparedness

Having my home catch on fire and living through a natural disaster the likes of New Orleans are probably two of my biggest fears: trying to get Ammon out and having what we need to survive. Matt and I have decided to begin preparing. "Ye hear of awars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land.
30 I tell you these things because of your prayers; wherefore, atreasure up bwisdom in your bosoms, lest the wickedness of men reveal these things unto you by their wickedness, in a manner which shall speak in your ears with a voice louder than that which shall shake the earth; but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear" D&C 38 29-30.

We are going to start building up our food storage(with the little room we have), put some cash aside and make 72 hour kits. Ever since I talked to my mom about it today, I can't get the fear out of my head. I assume it's only human to try to ignore things that scare us. Take me, for example, if I don't have food storage or a 72 hour kit, nothing can happen right? WRONG!!! I just need to put my fears aside, prepare as the Lord has told us to and then I'll be ok. As long as our family follows the counsel given us by preparing, the Lord will take care of us and I just need to focus on that. I'm the sort of person that wants to have everything right now-like, if we need food storage, we need to get it little by little everytime I go to the store, and we need to put aside cash every paycheck, not all at once. I really need more patience....ha ha.

Anyway, sometimes it's hard growing up, but we were put here for a purpose and men are that they might have joy. I'll just keep that in mind and go forward with faith.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I always get freaked out thinking about stuff like that. Espcecially since I've had kids that aren't with me all the time. I get so worried that some major disaster will happen when the boys are at school and I won't be able to get to them!

We're trying to prepare as well. It's hard not being able to do it all right now!