Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Exercise and Motherhood

I've been getting up at 6:30 three days a week to go run with Melissa, Hannah, and Stephanie-well mostly 3 times a week. It's hard to wake up if Ammon has a bad night!! Or if I stay up late....I felt so bad for not getting up this morning to go running, but Melissa made me feel much better when I found out that she didn't go either..ha ha. I've come to the conclusion that it's just going to be that way, and if I don't get up early to go run, I'll just need to make up for it later in the day by taking Ammon on a walk. He loves being outside so it's a good thing. I never liked exercising much outside of the activities I was already involved in in high school and college and so making working out a part of my regular schedule has been new to me. But I have found that when I make it a priority and just do it, I am happier, more energetic and I notice that I am losing at least inches(if not pounds right away) and that has a way of making me even happier. Another plus is that I get to spend at least 20 minutes with good company and I need to be around people!!!!!

I hope to make this a life-long habit for myself and to pass it on to my children as they grow up so that we can all be happier.

1 comment:

Hannah S said...

I'm so glad you love running too. And you're getting better each time! it certainly helps to do it w/someone else, doesn't it?