
Life can be tough when you're a baby. When you're hungry, tired, sick, or hurting all you can do is cry and hope that people know what you need to make it all better. What trust Heavenly Father has put in us parents to send us such helpless little angels to care for a raise. I'm so grateful to be a mom. I've wanted to be a mom all my life, and I love little Ammon, he brings so much joy to my life, and because of him I have learned so much about our Heavenly Father as our eternal spirit Father.
Ammon had his 6 mo. check-up last night, and it went so smoothly, I was so happy. I've never liked shots, needles have always scared me. In fact, when I went to the doctor at age 11 for a check up or something, the doctor had the nerve to spring on me the need to have my immunizations. No time to prepare and be scared...right then I had to walk to the room where they would inject me. I was terrified and let everyone in the building know by screaming and trying to run out of the building. Sorry mom, that must have been so embarrassing, because I remember not trying at all to be quiet. So I'm very proud of my Ammon, as young as he is. When he got his shots he cried only for about 5 seconds and then snuggled with his blankie and went to sleep in the car ride home. And no fever or extreme whining today, amazing!
For those who are interested and for documentation purposes....here are his measurements from yesterday's appointment:
Height- 27.3 inches= 75%
Weight- 17lbs= 50%
Head Circumference- 43.5cm= 50%
He's doing really well, except he's teething and at nighttime he gets pretty miserable. I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but his chin is soaked and by the end of the day, so are his clothes. We can't feel or see any teeth cutting, but I'm sure he feels them really well.
1 comment:
I'm totally laughing because Matthew was only 28" at his 15 month check up! Ammon is a a tall boy (like Mommy and Daddy!).
Post a Comment