Friday, July 18, 2008

Money, Money, Money!

For those of you who don't know...I have NEVER been good with money. If I had money, I spent it, and I've never really had any savings to speak of, this is why I'm so excited. I'm sorry, but I have to brag because...Go Matt and Me. ha ha. Seriously though, we've decided to be a lot more careful about keeping track of our expenses and being smarter with the way we spend our money. We've been so blessed by having the finances we've needed especially since Matt doesn't have a degree yet and we need to show our gratitude to Heavenly Father by being wise and by making preparations for the future.

Our Plan: We have just gotten Quicken Online to help us keep track of everything we're spending and to help us budget. It's really cool software. We decided on a budget and planned a certain amount of cash each pay period to have for eating out, entertainment, gifts, etc. And that's all we can spend on those things.(That'll save us a ton of money alone). We also have begun putting away a specific amount to savings, and a specific cash amount for emergency savings. Yay!!! I'm so excited. Some of you may be thinking..it's high time you decided to do something like that. But we're still young and learning the ways of adulthood, marriage, and parenthood. And it's exciting that we're becoming a new family together and building righteous traditions in our home.

Another fun thing: Matt and I are going to China tonight!!!! ha ha. My mom had a really good idea for a fun activity that's cheap: check a movie out from the library on a chosen place, and eat dinner from that country while you watch it. We're getting panda. Ha ha, I know, not way authentic, but fun, and that's what we're looking for. I'll let you know how the trip was when I return!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

That visiting another place date night is a fun idea! I might have to try that!

Dave said...

Panda Thursday (guys lunch) and Friday. Matt DOES love Panda! :)

Dave