Saturday, July 19, 2008

Friends

I have never really had any strong connections with any ward I've been in. I mean, I've met lots of wonderful and sweet people and have made good friends and had good experiences, but never like now. I'm so grateful for the ward I live in, especially for the women in my ward who have become my only friends outside of my terrific family(Matt's family included in "my"). None of my friends are married and they are all up in Logan and so it's hard to keep in touch.

We have been in the ward almost a year and a half now and like I have said to some people, it feels like I just moved in because I am just now getting to know people and make friends. I guess I'm a little bit more shy than I thought...Anyway, the girls in my ward have been so wonderful to me, welcoming me so warmly, inviting me to do things, and encouraging me to better myself. It's a rarity to find women nowadays who love spending time with their children, take time to make food(really tasty food, I might add), and who work hard to better themselves. I'm so grateful and blessed to have met and made friends(because I consider you all friends) with such wonderful women. So thank you to all you wonderful ladies who have supported me and reached out to me when I have been lonely for a friend. I don't mean for my sisters and sisters-in-law to feel that I don't cherish the friendship and love I have for them, because I surely do(and my fantastic mom and mom-in-law who are great friends as well) but it really helps to have friends that live close and attend church with you. I am really learning what it is to feel a part of a ward family, and I love it.

Ok, enough of my babbling on and on, I just really enjoy our ward and my new wonderful friends!!!!! I probably was really redundant just now, but I'm justifying by saying: this is my journal and that's how my journals have always been, unorganized and redundant. So....there you go!!!! Enjoy the journaling of Kathie!!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

i feel exactly the same! since before i was married i have never been in such a friendly ward. i really feel like i am a part of it and that no one is judging. i love all the women in our ward! i think having a baby has opened a whole new world to me as well. i love getting together with other moms and having "mom" talk. i mean i love my singles friends but they just can't relate to poopy diapers and spit up. lol. only true moms can laugh about that stuff. anyways i am so glad we are now friends! here's to our awesome ward that rocks! :)

Rachel Peckham said...

Kathie you are awesome!! I'm so lucky to have such an incredible sister; I really hope one day I can be as wonderful a mom and sister that you are!! thank you! Your blog is so cute by the way :)

Shauna said...

I agree completely! This ward has been amazing. This is the first place I've lived since I got married where I actually feel like I have friends. And you are definitely one of them! I have really enjoyed having you here. Yay for the support group this wonderful ward provides!

Rach said...

It took me a couple of years in this ward, too, to find my place and get some close friends. But, this ward is definitely one of the best out there!

Tiff Keetch said...

Ditto girl! This is why I can't move away...