Sunday, July 13, 2008

Answer to Prayer

At Ammon's check-up on Tuesday his dr. said that we could try not giving him his acid reflux medicine for a couple off days to see how he would do. He still needs it...Last night he literally screamed for about 4 hours with the exception of about 30 minutes of sleep because he was so exhausted. He wouldn't eat(it had been almost 6 hours since his last feeding) he couldn't get to sleep and stay asleep and I was at my wits end. I didn't know what to do. I went into my living room and knelt down and asked Heavenly Father to help me know what to do, and immediately the thought came to mind for me to give Ammon his reflux medicine. I'm the sort of person that tends to over think things a lot, and so I often confuse myself when Heavenly Father gives me inspiration worrying that it was all in my head. But it was very clear that Heavenly Father was answering me. I went in to Ammon's room and he, of course, was screaming. I gave him his medicine and picked him up and with a couple of minutes he calmed down, ate, and fell asleep. I was almost in tears and overwhelmed with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for answering my prayer first, and for helping me to recognize it for the answer it was, second. The spirit testified to me that Heavenly Father cares so much about me and about Ammon and he wants to help in any way he can. Such a simple event, but like so many other simple things, it had a profound effect on me and reminded me of Heavenly Father's love for His children.

Something that gave me another witness was Tiffany's lesson in primary about Faith with works and how Joseph Smith read James and asked and received. She taught that our testimonies cannot grow unless there are actions to go along with our faith. I had faith that Heavenly Father could answer my prayer, the next step was to listen for the answer and obey. Thanks Tiffany for listening to the spirit and helping my testimony to grow. I love primary...

1 comment:

Tiff Keetch said...

Kathie - what a special story! I know just what you mean about simple things teaching you the most. While teaching Sharing Time I always feel so scattered, but I'm glad to know someone is feeling the spirit from my lesson! Thanks for sharing...