We are so excited!!! When we got home from church today Matt put Ammon on the floor with some keys and he rolled onto his tummy!!! Yay! I think he's known how to for a long time because he's done it twice before, but the keys were the right motivation to get him over and over consistently. Go Matt! I was so excited. Here's a video, it's really dark, so sorry, and I'm out of breath because I ran to get the camera.
On another note, to add commentary to my principle of the day, I learned something today in Sunday School. The past couple of weeks, I've kind of been struggling with my calling in primary: Feeling unorganized, not fun for the kids and totally inadequate. In Sunday School we talked a little bit about weakness, and the spirit taught me something I needed to hear.
I have a lot of experience in playing and teaching music and so you'd think you could call it a strength. But this calling of doing senior primary music has really helped me to grow. I believe the principle of the Lord making our weaknesses strengths is true even in areas of our lives that we think we are pretty good at. Me feeling weak in my calling has allowed me to be humble and rely on the Lord to help me reach the kids. I think I was getting comfortable and not letting the spirit direct me. I need to turn my heart over to the Lord and listen to what the kids need and allow Him to do His work through me. I'm grateful to know that though I am so inadequate in so many ways, the Lord can perform his work through me if I make myself a worthy vessel and allow him to. "Now ye may suppose that this is afoolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by bsmall and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." (Alma 37:6)
2 comments:
Hey, I totally forgot to talk to you about Primary yesterday. I talked to my presidency about it last week. If you can, will you come to our meeting for a few minutes this week? We are meeting on Tuesday night at 8:00 at Tiff's house. I'll send you an email, too. Thanks so much for all you do. I know those older kids can be a big handful!
Looks like my grandson learned a few things while we were in Colorado Springs. Great to see that!
Cheers.
Dave
Post a Comment