I am kind of ashamed to admit this because so many people I love and admire are such hard workers and such great examples to me of hard work, and I hope that people don't think too less of me...I really don't like working. Like working at a job. I love work around the house...that kind of work. It's really terrible but one of the reasons I looked forward to having Ammon is so that I wouldn't have to work anymore. I know, it's really bad, especially because I know that some women wish they could stay home but can't. I really am so grateful that I have been able to stay at home with Ammon for as long as I have, especially considering the fact that Matt and I have only been married just under 2 years. Fortunately for me, I have been very blessed to have a husband that works very hard so that I can stay home, and we have both been blessed to have what we need, Heavenly Father has been very merciful.
While I do not absolutely have to work, an opportunity has come up to earn some extra money, which is always nice. It really sounds like the perfect at home job, 2-3 hours a day, 5 days a week, and no dealing with customers. My old boss called me a couple of weeks ago wondering if I wanted to do some work for them by calling insurance companies and verifying new customer's benefits. They've been good to work with me and make it so that I can be at home and I plan on working while Ammon is napping. It might be temporary, it might not. I am really looking forward to paying off some things so that we can get out of debt, especially all those blasted hospital bills...
I hope that I don't come accross as bragging or being ungrateful. I am grateful for the opportunities to learn and grow that have been given me. I am also grateful for the many wonderful examples of sisters from both sides of the family, and mothers that offer terrific examples of hard work and perseverance and support to me always. I hope that I survive. I know it's an easy job, but I really struggle keeping any form of balance in my life. Maybe this will help. We'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment