Celeste is a very talented young woman, though, she will not allow herself to believe it. She plays the organ and piano and the trumpet in high school. Celeste has always been the peacemaker of the family, always trying to calm people down, or willing to compromise to keep the peace. She loves the family getting together and talking, playing, or whatever; as long as we're altogether. She's very thoughtful and is always trying to find ways that she can serve those around her. Celeste has a gift to empathize and listen to everyone.
Celeste and I were up at Utah State together for one year, her senior year up there, and my first. We really enjoyed being in IWA(Institute Women's Association) together and she always took care of me even though we didn't live together. I really missed her when she left, but she made USU so much better for me. I love talking with her and laughing with her. She's so wonderful because she will almost always laugh whole-heartedly at my jokes, which I love. I love you Celeste!
Next up is Christy. She married my older brother Sean July of 2006. She is absolutely perfect for him. She loves him and is very supportive and loving. She was a little quiet coming into the family, but who wouldn't be with all us crazies? She is always interested in what others are doing and is really easy to talk to.Christy is brilliant! She has degrees in Anthropology and Spanish. She went to Spain for a year and Matt enjoys speaking Spanish with her. She is now supplementing her degrees with a Geographic Information Systems certificate. Christy likes anything outdoors; hiking, camping, running, etc. She and Sean have hiked ALL over, and always have great stories to tell us when they get back. They took a trip to Beliz and awed us all with pictures and stories of adventure. Christy has run in 4 half-marathons. Last October we all drove down to Moab to cheer her on. She is so inspiring. I almost want to run because of her dedication! I love Christy because she is so good to Sean. She loves Ammon and I think she really enjoys being an aunt. Christy is very open-minded and accepting of many people and is a good example of tolerance. I love you Christy and look forward to continue getting to know you better!
2 comments:
Kathie, you are so great. Do you know what you are really good at? You're good at giving sincere and specific compliments and they make me feel so good! I'm so glad to have a sister like you to share memories and laughter with! I love you! (By the way, I'm going to be applying to the Masters of Social Work program at BYU, not sociology. Don't worry about it...easy mistake to make.)
Oh...and thanks for not using that really horrible picture of me...the one that makes my face look really long and funny. :)
Post a Comment