Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Finally to the Introductions!

I'm finally getting around to introducing my fabulous sisters! I think I will go from youngest to oldest as I have the pictures of the younger sisters and not of my older sisters yet.
I would like you all to meet Rachel. She is my younger sister by 2 1/2 years. Rachel and I did not use to get along very well at all! I was always bossing her around and we often shared a room growing up. I think we started to get closer when we were in marching band together. I was a junior in high school, and drum major in marching band, and she was going into 9th grade. We had just moved in with my grandma in Cottonwood, so we drove 20 minutes to and from school everyday. The radio didn't work in the car and Rachel came early with me. We talked a lot in the car rides, and got along great in marching band. Rachel is extremely talented in so many ways. Firstly, musically. She's got a great ear for harmony and improv. She plays(played) the flute, saxophones, and bass clarinet, and sung in the school choirs(the only one out of us girls to actually go into choir, which I'm sure made my mom happy). She's got a gift for music. She's great at making friends and having fun. Rachie likes to talk and I am happy that she stills calls me up to talk even though I'm no longer at home. We have a lot of great memories together. I remember that my friend Kara and I used to make her believe we had just gotten retainers(we just bent paperclips). And she would believe the story over and over again even when she found out that we didn't.

I have great memories of playing house, library, store, and any other role play games with her when we were younger. We loved to dress up and play. In Matt's family, he and his younger brother Andy were always called "the little guys" and Jason and Dan were the "big guys". Rachel and I were "the little guys" in a sense growing up. I'm so blessed to have Rachel as a sister. She has a strong sense of loyalty and always seeks to do right. She's a great friend to everyone and is not afraid to state her opinion. Rachel is both a good leader and follower when neccessary and gives a lot of joy to our family. She welcomed Matt into our family without hesitation once she met him and has a gift for making people feel at ease around her. I love you Rachel!

2 comments:

Rachel Peckham said...

I wuv you kathie :) I totally forgot about the paperclips. I don't know if you know this, but I actually did it at school and tried to convince my friends I had a retainer. I was cool like that.

meg said...

This is such a fun idea Kathie. Rachel, I love the dark hair! Thanks for accepting Matt, too. We were a little worried you all might send him packin' (just kiddin' Mateo)! When I came into the Case family, Matt was really accepting of me and I always looked forward to hangin' out with my new bro. Anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going with this comment but ... uh... yay for sisters and brothers!