Well, today was the first day I really worked from home. I technically started yesterday, but I only had enough for 20 minutes of work. Today was about 2 1/2 hours. I enjoyed being productive and talking professionally with adults. That is something that I have missed from being home, I feel like my vocabulary has suffered...Anyway...It was good, pretty easy, and I'm sure it will get easier and go more smoothly as I establish a routine and get more familiar with the system.
I want to make sure I only spend the amount of time I committed to each day. I have found that I really need some down time to collect myself and rest for a bit every day. Maybe it's because I'm used to being a couch potato most days. Nonetheless, I do need it, I just need to balance it(ahhh, balance...). So even if I have more names, Ammon is still sleeping, and I've already had a shower in the morning(which would be wonderful by the way) and I have already done my hours, I am going to put work aside and work on primary stuff, take a quick nap, study some scriptures, watch a show, sit and do nothing! Perhaps that sounds lazy....And maybe it is, but it keeps me sane, and I am happy when I am sane.
I have been coping with things a lot better lately though. I have exercised for the past 3-4 days(excluding Sunday), kept the house clean, done the Laundry, and made pretty descent dinners. I don't mean to brag, but sometimes I am just really lazy! So when I do have a streak of accomplishment it makes me feel good to make a list...ha ha. I love the feeling of being tired at the end of a productive day, and I'm able to go to sleep at a descent hour and actually look forward to waking up the next morning. I know that I have been able to cope because Heavenly Father is answering my prayers. I know He always has, and always will.
3 comments:
You are truly amazing, Kathie! I think you are adjusting better than most people (especially me) to marriage and being a mother. ps I am writing this in the midst of arguing with my dear sweet husband! hehe
Kathie you're such an incredible person! And I'm glad you're writing this all down... I'll have to refer to it often when I get married in the distant future!! haha I love you :)
It's not easy to be a stay at home mom. It sounds like you're doing just fine. And it's really important to take time for yourself, even if that time is doing absolutely nothing. Enjoy it.
Post a Comment