Last night at my parents house we experienced Democracy first hand. My family is TERRIBLE at deciding and agreeing on almost anything, especially movies or where to go out to eat. Most of the time we say, "let's watch a movie" and by the time we decide(it takes so long because our family is like a crazy mind, full of chaos and lots and lots of talking)it's time to go to bed, and Matt and I have to leave. Last night, we looked ahead however and didn't want that to happen, so we decided to vote. Celeste went downstairs to pull the Sunday-appropriate movies out for us to choose from. After many differing opinions, we decided to actually write down the votes and Daniel would tally them. We did that and narrowed it down to two: Cars, and Yours, Mine, and Ours. We voted again and had a tie. So then we raised hands to vote. Certain fair-weather voters who shall remain nameless changed their minds which moved the votes to be in favor of Yours, Mine, and Ours. I brilliantly came up with the perfect tie breaker, Ammon. We put both movies in front of him to choose, and betraying me, he chose Yours, Mine, and Ours. We tried it again, and even switched them in front of him, yet he remained resolute. He apparently wanted to watch Yours, Mine, and Ours. That decided it. We went down and had a great time with everyone watching and laughing. Thanks Ammon for helping us decide!
"Now ye may suppose that this is a foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." ~Alma 37:6
Monday, November 10, 2008
True Democracy
Last night at my parents house we experienced Democracy first hand. My family is TERRIBLE at deciding and agreeing on almost anything, especially movies or where to go out to eat. Most of the time we say, "let's watch a movie" and by the time we decide(it takes so long because our family is like a crazy mind, full of chaos and lots and lots of talking)it's time to go to bed, and Matt and I have to leave. Last night, we looked ahead however and didn't want that to happen, so we decided to vote. Celeste went downstairs to pull the Sunday-appropriate movies out for us to choose from. After many differing opinions, we decided to actually write down the votes and Daniel would tally them. We did that and narrowed it down to two: Cars, and Yours, Mine, and Ours. We voted again and had a tie. So then we raised hands to vote. Certain fair-weather voters who shall remain nameless changed their minds which moved the votes to be in favor of Yours, Mine, and Ours. I brilliantly came up with the perfect tie breaker, Ammon. We put both movies in front of him to choose, and betraying me, he chose Yours, Mine, and Ours. We tried it again, and even switched them in front of him, yet he remained resolute. He apparently wanted to watch Yours, Mine, and Ours. That decided it. We went down and had a great time with everyone watching and laughing. Thanks Ammon for helping us decide!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would like to be the first to inform everyone that it was my debate that won over the waiver-er!!
Thanks for posing the scripture on the side. I love it! I'm going to look it up tonight and read it more closely.
Kathie, I'll have you know it was MY brilliant idea to hold the movies in front of him and have him choose. THANK you very much :) And Sharon did do an AWESOME spoof on Yours, Mine and Ours :)
My bad everyone. I'm sorry, it was Rachel's brilliant idea. I guess I just suggested that he break the tie.
Post a Comment