Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Little Buddy

Ammon really is my best pal. We have great times together while daddy is gone long hours working and learning and doing lots of homework(most of it mindless busiwork). Ammon is learning so many things and growing into being such a great little man. We've built blocks, played music, listened to music, sang songs, learned our numbers, our abc's, and read lots and lots of books. Last week I was able to go with Jason, Meg, Sue, Janie, and Ammon to the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. Ammon loved all the pretty lights and pictures of Jesus, and I must say, he's pretty good at being reverent for a little guy!
We've had lots of opportunity to play rock band at the Dave and Sue Case household, and Ammon LOVES drumming! I also learned that Janie LOVES Thomas and Ammon had a blanket with Thomas on it which she played with for a very long time.
Matt and I are so excited because we have decided we are going to Disneyland at the end of September! Yay! We leave the day of my primary program, but don't worry, we are leaving right AFTER sacrament meeting, which is the last meeting of the block. We've been talking to Ammon about Disneyland, Mickey Mouse, and all the great things at the Happiest Place on Earth. One morning Matt gave Ammon Breakfast with Mickey. I think this picture is terrific.

Last weekend Matt finally took his backpacking trip that he's been waiting and waiting for with a group of some of his friends. They hiked up in the uintah's up by Kidney Lake. He got plenty of sun and really enjoyed himself. While he was gone, I stayed a night at my parent's-with my grandma who was taking care of their dog while they were also on vacation. The next night I spent at Matt's parents. We both missed Matt but enjoyed spending the time with family and Ammon loved going to church with his Grandma Sue and Papa. I didn't have to take him out of sacrament meeting once! He was so good!This picture is at my parent's while we were there last weekend. Ammon stacked almost all the blocks! He was so excited. Ammon talks nonstop now and seems to big all of a sudden! He does the actions to his favorite songs: The Itsy Bitsy Spider, My Hands, Popcorn Popping, The Wheels on the Bus, and he loves singing I love to see the Temple, Baptism, and many other primary songs. He can say his numbers 1-10 with help and can count to 2 all by himself:) ha ha. He's almost to 3! He loves to say prayers and help his mommy clean up. He helps me fold laundry, unload the dishwasher, and clean the bathroom. He's so funny when he helps "fold". He shakes each article and then very systematically puts it down in a pile. He's such a big boy!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

It's great that you put all of this one here - these are things that I don't ever want to forget either!

meg said...

I still think that Breakfast with Mickey is the cutest dang thing! Ammon is so fun. I just love how much his personality seems to emerge more and more every time I see him. He's gonna be a hoot, and a sweet one at that. What more could you ask for? Glad you have a little angel to take care of you. You are such an amazing mom and I learn so much from you. Lots of love~