Sunday, July 12, 2009

2 years and 2 months

That is the age difference there will be between Ammon and our new baby! Yep! We're having a baby! Expected around March 5, 2010. I'm approx. 6 weeks now. We held out on telling people 4 weeks longer than we did when I was pregnant with Ammon. We were going to wait until Aug. but I kept almost slipping with people! I'm terrible at lying and terrible at keeping secrets. We're really excited to add on to our family.

Funny story:

Matt and I started talking about when we wanted to have another baby and so we decided to pray about it a couple of weeks ago, and we felt really good about working to bring another baby to our little family. Little did I know, I was already 2-3 weeks pregnant! Apparently it was time! I feel great, a little tired, but that tends to happen anyway when I stay up till 12 midnight every night for two weeks in a row. My goal is to keep up my activity level so as to not gain so much weight this time! I feel like I have a much healthier frame of mind this time. I'm not constantly thinking about how uncomfortable I am, or eating so much, because after all, I don't really need to eat the equivalent of two people. Needless to say, I anticipate a much better and healthy pregancy. I wish I would have worked harder to lose the rest of the baby weight before I got pregnant, so I'll probably start showing sooner(blah....)but oh well, that's not important right?

6 comments:

Rach said...

Yay! I'm sooo excited for you. There must be something about being in Primary. Pretty much everyone has a baby or is having a baby! :)

By the way, you would start showing earlier even without the extra baby weight, which you don't look like you have anyway, so don't worry too much about it. Just enjoy the comfy prego clothes sooner.

Kyle and Alyssa said...

WOW!!! #2 I know what you mean about keeping THAT a secret!!! It's so hard. I'm glad you are telling people now. We are going to have to keep going strong on those walks! HOW EXCITING!

Sarah Titus Jones said...

Congrats Kathie! That's wonderful news! It sounds like you and I think an awful lot alike in the baby department. Glad to know I'm not the only one. :)

Shauna said...

Woohoo! Congrats! Rachael's right about showing earlier. I mentioned it to my doctor when we were working on Nathan and was informed that it is because your body has already done it once and "remembers" (my doctor's word). My word? My muscles were just flabbier!

Candice said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!!!

Tiff Keetch said...

Yay! Congrats.. Isn't that funny how the spirit works? I'm so excited for you!