Sunday, July 12, 2009

Part 2

Ammon did great in nursery today! He cried when I left, but I am told that he calmed down and become comfortable enough to play with the toys, sing songs, and best of all, pop bubbles! He's quite the busy boy lately and has tons of energy that makes it difficult for him to settle down for his naps and bedtime. Most recently, we have been working on our listening ears and trying to use time-outs wisely and effectively so he knows that mommy and daddy mean what they say. He's getting better and better everyday! He's great fun and makes us smile all the time. I took him to his 18 mos. appt. this last Wednesday and he's right track it looks like.
Ammon's measurements at 18 mos:

Weight- 24.6 lbs 25%
Height- 32 in 40%

Time sure does fly! I'm getting better and better at planning and preparing meals consistently which makes me really happy. I've done great at just buckling down and cooking dinner instead of just going out for fast food. I'm always glad after because it's healthier and it saves money! Go me! I made my first roast today, and it turned out great! The vegetables were tasty and the meat was tender and juicy, hooray! It may sound odd, but I get so much satisfaction from creating a delicious meal! I feel all grown-up and pleased that I have at least one skill. It's hard for me to develop or even maintain talents and skills I used to have when life isn't all about me anymore, crazy huh? I do find great peace and joy in being married and being a mom. Although it brings new and overwhelming challenges, overcoming those struggles with the help of the Lord and learning to rely on His strength over my own makes life so fulfilling and brings me closer to Heavenly Father. I am also really enjoying my calling in the primary lately. I had an epiphany: teach songs that enable the children to feel the spirit. What a concept! I've always known it, but I lost sight of it because I was trying to come up with games for fun, instead of focusing on teaching principles through music and helping the kids to recognize the spirit. When I pray that the kids will feel the spirit and that I will have the spirit with me as I teach, things are so much better. It's funny the realizations I come to. To others, they must be so obvious, but to me they have brought much enlightenment and understanding. I guess I need to remind myself that I'm still young and that I'm not required to understand everything perfectly yet.

No comments: