Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hopes of a little housewife

After almost 2 1/2 years of marriage I'm finally getting the hang of taking care of a baby, a household and can move on to doing other hobby-ish things.

Here are some things I would like to do by the end of this year:

1. Finish painting the apartment so we can get new carpet
2. Organize the house by getting book shelves, closet organizers, etc. to maximize our space
3. Make as many Christmas gifts as possible(can't list them on here!)
4. Make a Thomas quilt for my niece
5. Bottle peaches, pears, and possibly applesauce?
6. Make freezer jam-strawberry, maybe peach as well
7. Make frozen peach and apple pie filling
8. Start collecting card making supplies
9. Make cards with said supplies
10. Use only the cash we've saved up for Christmas
11. Go camping with Matt and Ammon before the end of summer(this is still up in the air)
12. Go to Bear Lake with my family (Aug 29)
13. Go to Disneyland with Matt's family(Sept 27)
14. Have Ammon's birthday shopping done before Christmas

Ok, I think that's good for now, don't want to write down so much I change my mind! lol. I'm actually excited about these projects, most of the time I get stressed out by them, but I'm growing up and finally finding some things to have as a hobby. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Yay! I love hearing that other people bottle stuff, too. I have a suggestion for you - you can bottle your pie filling, too, and it won't take up the space in your freezer. Like I said, just a suggestion.

Sharon said...

Yay! My little sister is all grown up and having hobbies! *sniff*

You're so cute. You'll do just great with all this stuff - and let me know if you want more help painting!

meg said...

Aw. The Thomas quilt. That is so sweet. I LOVED your mom's frozen pie filling, and I would totally love to help make it! Call me!

Kyle and Alyssa said...

Hey! You are very ambitious! That's awesome. Good luck with your list of fun hobbies. That's probably more stuff than I'll ever do for many many many years. I would love to learn how to can and get the stuff to do it, though. That would really pay off later in the year. Just so you know glasses are good too, even though you probably like contacts more. I'm glad you are feeling better! I look forward to more outings when we have the time:)