Matt and I just experienced a small miracle/tender mercy. I went visiting teaching tonight(yay me!) and Matt has really been into researching equipment for backpacking, so he wanted to go to REI(the one up on 3300 East) tonight right after I went VT. So I was supposed to be done with my appointment at 7:30-which has been the usual time I got done-and then pick him and Ammon up right after. Well, I have a new companion, and because I am also getting to know the lady we visit better, conversation came more easily, and we had a lot in common. 7:30 came and went and Matt was sending me texts and calling me, and I was trying to ignore them because I didn't want to be rude by texting or answering calls in the middle of the visit. I finally looked at my phone at 7:48 and Matt sent me a text that they were waiting outside the condo for me to pick them up, so I tried to end as quickly and nicely and possible, dropped my companion home and picked Matt up. Poor Matt, he's having to get used to me staying and talking like my mom(and probably most moms) used to do.
ANYWAY, back to the point of my post. We got on the road to REI and it was snowing harder and dark, and the road we were on made me nervous because there weren't hardly any street lights. Matt told me to put on the 4-wheel drive, so I did, and when we turned it made a funny sound and was kind of hard to turn. It continued to act abnormally, so I turned off the 4-wheel drive, but the noise continued so we pulled over for Matt to check the tire pressure. Guess what it was at? Normally, it should be at 30-35 PSI. It was at 10 PSI!!!! Fortunately, we were just around the corner from REI so we made it and parked there. We were meeting Brian and Malena there so we went in the store since it was closing soon and then Brian and Matt changed the tire when we came out. Ammon was growing impatient, naturally, so I went to the conveniently located Wendy's across the parking lot to get him some oranges and milk(EVERYTIME I don't pack absolutely anything and everything I could possibly need, I end up needing it). Luckily, since the car was too low for our jack to work, they were able to use Brian's.
On the way home, I felt so grateful that the tire went flat when we were on our way to meet Brian(for those of you who don't know, he owns one of the Master Mufflers), the storm lifted while they were changing the tire, and we were all safe and sound. A small miracle, but I don't know what I would have done if I was alone and the tire went flat. And I'm grateful that Brian was there because we had no idea how to get the spare tire down and our jack didn't work. Miracles happen everyday and the Lord takes care of His children!
1 comment:
Glad things worked out - it's so nice to know someone who knows cars. I had to laugh at the part about always needing what you DIDN'T pack. Happy birthday yesterday - thanks for coming to the girl's night - love you!
Post a Comment