I am so grateful for General Conference. The messages given always bring me hope, peace, a desire to better myself and my family, and a renewed perspective for what is most important. I am grateful for the men and women called, that serve faithfully and according to the Lord's will. I have been uplifted and reminded about what brings joy and what I need to focus on. One thing that has been most prominent in my mind is the need for me to let go of this world; to let go of my attachment to worldly possessions, to let go of my awareness of other's opinions over the Lord's, and to focus on working hard and getting back to Him.
I learned from one of the talks during yesterday morning's morning session that discouragement can lead to idleness and the decreased ability to hear and head to the spirit. I have been experiencing this and have felt like I'm barely keeping my head above water at times feeling that I am incapable of accomplishing good and becoming what the Lord wants me to. During this conference I have felt the Lord's love for me and have been comforted in the knowledge that the difficult things I experience will make me stronger and more capable as I lean on the Lord for help and support. I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am grateful that the Savior walked His path alone so that I don't have to be. I love Him, I know He loves me. I know He has a plan for me and that He will help me as I turn to Him. I love Matt and Ammon and I am so grateful for them. I am so happy that I have been sealed for time and eternity to them. I am grateful for the Lord's patience with my incompetence and for Matt's patience with my impatience. I am so imperfect and I make so many mistakes. I have come to learn that what Elder Anderson expressed during this morning's session is true for me, I am nothing. As I have realized that, I have learned that Jesus Christ can make SOMETHING out of me. I hope that the things that I have learned from this conference can better enable me to work harder and be more as I am more obedient.
1 comment:
If not because of the Lord's guidance, I won't be married in the temple. So, it is really good attending and learning from general conferences in the lds church.
Post a Comment