Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The opposite gender...

Men are funny. In a good and entertaining way....most of the time...ha ha. Today is Matt's birthday and Matt's parents took us out to Iggies(Matt's choice, he loves the sauce that you dip the bread in, and their Aloha Burger) for dinner. It was fun to have almost everyone there, we did miss Dan, especially since he and Janelle are moving on Monday. It was fun to visit together and eat yummy food. Thanks Dave and Sue, and everyone else who came to celebrate and visit. After dinner, we stopped at my parents so Matt could thank them for contributing to his birthday present. Which reminds me, I didn't even take any pictures of tonight! I will at least take a picture of Matt with his new backpacking pack sometime soon and post it.

My mom surprised him with an oreo ice cream cake and as we were eating it this happened:

Dad: "Is something burning? As he stands over by the sink looking and smeling around.

We all look over curious....

Dad: "I think it's coming from here(pointing to the dishwasher)....oh yep!" and he just stands there staring at the dishwasher...

Mom: "Open it!" and my dad hurrys to open the dishwasher......

And we proceed to laugh...my mom and I especially because clearly my mom has experienced this kind of situation before, and we're starting to realize how alike Matt and my dad are. Matt hadn't noticed what had happed because his focus was on a hiking book, so we explained what happened, and when we finished he said, "I don't get it".

And we laughed even harder. Oh man, life is never dull with our wonderful men around!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Hey! I think I resent this! But I am not sure!

I support and fully agree with the French sentiments on this subject:

Vive la difference!

Janelle said...

that is hilarious! I can picture pretty much any man I know acting that same way! Thanks for the laugh. It was so good to see you guys, too. Hopefully we will see each other at least one more time.. i don't want to say goodbye :(