Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Catch up...Again

I am finally posting about somethings that have happened since my birthday. The day before my birthday(March 27 for those who don't know when my birthday is...) I was able to have a fun girl's night with Sue, Meg, and Janelle. All the guys took charge of the kids so that we could get away for a night. We had a great time, eating yummy chinese food, shopping(thanks Meg!), eating goodies, watching Wild Hearts Can't be Broken, and staying up later than we thought due to a malfunctioning phone of mine making us think it was an hour earlier. The morning of my birthday was greeted with scrumptious German Pancakes, and watching Thoroughly Modern Millie. We kept hearing phantom crying and had to restrain ourselves from getting up to go check on our kids that weren't there...it was wierd to sleep in a twin bed again, but it was nice to have fun with the girls. The boys came up that afternoon for swimming and lunch and then we headed home. My family came to visit that evening which I always love and it turned out to be a wonderful birthday weekend.

The following 3 pictures are of probably the best fort I have ever made. Ammon and I had fun eating our snack in it and hiding in it to greet daddy when he came home from work. I had to post this first picture to show Ammon's adorable crooked smile. He would run toward me laughing because I told him to stay back by the fort so I could get a picture.
He had a little lantern in there with a couple of toys and a bedroll, which I think I cared about more than he did. It brought back a lot of memories of when Rachel, Daniel and I played dogs and always went in a fort.
We really enjoyed conference and it brought much needed rejuvination and motivation. I love the spirit of conference and I learned a lot. It has helped Matt and I to re-evaluate how we spend our time and our money. We have since stopped using facebook, and have renewed our exercising and scripture study habits. I'm grateful that the Lord in His patience reminds His children of what is most important so often to help us come back to Him.
This is my latest "project". Ha ha, feel wierd saying that because I've never been a big project person, but here it is. I made this skirt today, all in one day, woohoo! It's not perfect and it definitely looks home-made to me, but it makes me feel good to have made my own clothes, however uneven and flawed it may be.
Life is great! Matt and I are enjoying exercising together and we are working to live more providently as counseled during conference. I am excited for progress and growth. Oh! I almost forgot, Matt and Ammon have been sick, Matt with a cold and Ammon with Croup. We had some pretty miserable nights at the end of last week and part of the weekend but I think Ammon is finally getting over it. Poor little guy. I'm grateful that we got him in to the Dr. soon and that we have a humidifier!

3 comments:

Rachel Peckham said...

I always loved making forts! I'm definitely jealous and wish I had been able to come built a fort with you like we did when we were little :) And maybe this time we wouldn't fight the whole time, eh?? I admire your goals. I love seeing you grow and learn, and I'm so grateful you have Matt to share in the experience with you. You two are an amazing example to me :)

Rach said...

Cute skirt! I loved when I started sewing again after I got married (I learned when I was younger, but never really enjoyed it.) I love being able to make my own stuff. I actually have a skirt that I'm making that looks almost like the one you just made! I was hoping to get it finished by Sunday, but I think I want to finish reading the book I'm reading instead. I digress . . . and ramble . . .

Candice said...

Hey Kathie! I was reading Stefanie's blog and noticed she had a link for you. Just thought I would say hi!