Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What to Fix?

I am needing some new ideas on what to feed Ammon for lunch. His allergies to eggs and nuts make it somewhat difficult for me to think of different things to feed him. I don't want to keep giving him grilled cheese sandwhiches and fish sticks! Please leave a comment if you have any new ideas of lunches to feed my little man! Thanks!

4 comments:

Rach said...

We like tortillas and cheese, cheese and crackers, mac and cheese, noodles of any variety. And, I usually serve them apples, oranges, strawberries, cucumbers, carrots, or any other fruit or veggie with it. Keep it simple!

Shauna said...

We're big fans of the "bite size" lunch. Anything cut bite size is more fun. Crackers with little cracker sized cheese, baby carrots, small pieces of lunch meat or leftover meat from dinners, tiny pieces of fresh fruit and veggies, etc. And having something to dip it in is always fun. Ammon might like ranch dressing although we have to do something else for Matthew. Quesadillas cut into strips with salsa to dip it in is a favorite around here. We also like tuna and chicken salad on crackers. I'm thinking you could make yours with ranch or some other dressing since Ammon can't have mayonnaise. I also think it's fun to make pinwheel sandwiches using tortillas. Occasionally I'll make pigs in a blanket out of those tiny cocktail sausages, but that is one is a bit more rare. And Nathan really likes pizza made out of a tortilla, tomato sauce (or ketchup), and some cheese. Just stick it in the oven to melt it all. And since it's all about fast and easy for me, all the things we do are super simple.

Sharon said...

Does he like applesause? He could dip cheese or crackers or something in it (since I know how much he likes to dip things). How about mashed sweet potatoes? He could feed that to himself pretty easily, and it's healthy too. I know he sometimes has a hard time with new things, but once he gives them a chance he usually does okay, doesn't he? So try something new and simple every day, and make lists of the things he will eat so that you can remember them.

adrianne s. said...

Man, I'm finding myself in the same kind of rut because Stella has an allergy to milk, so no yogurt, cheese, milk, yikes!! She does like baked beans with bitty pieces of healthy hot dogs. Maybe you could try that.