Tuesday, March 17, 2009

2 years!

Last Friday-March 13, 2009-Matt and I celebrated 2 years of marriage. For Christmas Dave and Sue gave us a gift certificate to the Johnson Mill in Midway, and 1 night of babysitting. Friday morning we spend the morning cleaning, a little grocery shopping for Ammon, and getting ready. After lunch we took Ammon over to Grandma Sue's. Matt gave him a blessing before we left because we have never left him over night, and he's never been babysat for longer than a few hours, and even that has been rare. I'm discovering I'm quite like my mom that way. I have a hard time leaving him. But, Ammon does love being at his Grandma's house, so he handled our goodbye pretty well.

Matt and I went to see Race to Witch Mountain and it was good, clean fun. We then drove the hour up to Midway to check into Johnson Mill. I worried much of the way up there about Ammon, and didn't know if I would be able to enjoy myself as much, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was so quiet and peaceful up there. They had a room full of 500 videos that we could choose from, AND, it was complimentary! I love movies! We enjoyed a nice, and very filling, dinner, and then relaxed the rest of the evening. We were so tired, we went to sleep at 10:30!!!! I woke up the next morning and commented that it was the first night we had ever been away from Ammon. I was so grateful that we had an opportunity to get a way, just for a night.

The weather was perfect, just like it was on our wedding day 2 years ago- sunny, and the perfect temperature. We were served a delightful breakfast with the sun pouring through the windows, and we packed up to go home. On the way, we stopped at the Homestead to see the crater. Last year, Matt certified for scuba in the crater and he wanted to show me. That was fun, and scary- for me because I had bridges or docks that move up and down in the water, especially when I'm wearing normal clothes and I don't want to get wet.

I'm so grateful that we were able to go and celebrate together and feel like we were on our honeymoon again, I had a great time, and I was so happy to see Ammon again. Since then, he's pretty paranoid about me leaving him. Poor little guy. Thanks again Dave and Sue for the wonderful gift!

1 comment:

Malena Aragon Everill said...

Wow, that place looks gorgeous! I bet you guys had a blast, and I can't believe it's already been two years! That's amazing, congratulations you two!