Thursday, December 4, 2008

Catch up...as always


I often feel that I am in catch up mode in my life. Especially with recording my life. But hey, at least I get around to it sometime right?

I was planning on taking a ton of pictures over thanksgiving with anyone I could get to hold Ammon in the pictures, but alas, he was sick that day and spent pretty much the whole day in my arms, crying, sleeping, and having a fever.

Thanksgiving was really nice and enjoyable. We ate dinner at Dave and Sue's house and did a really neat activity about confessing the Lord's hand in our lives. They had 6 gift backs on the window seat in the living room, each bag with a letter on it so spell the word "Thanks". Dave started about by explaining to us the familiar scripture about confessing the Lord's hand in all things. He had us guess what object was in each bag that was a representation of something we have to be thankful for: T-The Savior H-Home A-All of us N-Nature K-Kisses S-Scriptures. It was nice to talk about what we are thankful for. And after reading lots of blogs expressing gratitude for lots of things, I am going to dedicate a post to that as well.

Because Ammon had a fever, he wanted to be held the whole time. We expreinced a first since he's been a new baby. He cuddled! He just snuggled up in my arms as I sat and fell asleep! It was so sweet! I loved it. That is one thing I defintely am ok with if he has to be sick, although it was sad because I couldn't tell he didn't feel well at all-he happened to inherit my gift for whining when things hurt....

We went to my parents for pie, and my uncle and his girlfriend, my grandma and my aunt were there. By the time we got there, the were playing American Idol on the wii. I got to try my voice at the Titanic song by Celine Dion and got a perfect score woohoo!!!!

The pie, as always, was yummy, and we had a lot of fun with family. That night Matt's brother Dan asked him to go Black Friday shopping with him around 3:30, so they did that and Matt said that it was crazy. I almost wanted to go, but for my dislike for standing in long lines and lots of chaos...Matt was sweet and prior to that got up every hour with Ammon until he had to leave. Friday was Janelle's birthday and we planned on giving her a suprise breakfast at Sue's house when they got back. Kind of sad/funny: We got there AFTER she did, so I walked in with the food that wasn't prepared yet and said "Happy Birthday!" and "Surprise!" and explained that we were making breakfast for her. We planned on being there earlier.....

Friday night we had a stay-cation at my parent's house and watched Get Smart, which was fun. Saturday morning we had breakfast at my Grandma Peckham's house. It was so great to see my cousins that I haven't see or talked to in a long time, and who I've gotten to know better by reading their blogs! We had fun laughing and talking.

It turned out to be a really fun weekend filled with family, poor sick babies, no sleep, and lots of laughing. I really look forward to Christmas!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

For some reason the picture on this post isn't showing up for me very well...But I like your new background and your Christmas playlist!