I think I must have some kind of mental block that keeps me from living up to my potential and accomplishing what I want to. I think I tend to baby myself, I just need to forget about what's holding me back and just do things.
I have a lot of really great examples all around me of people who work hard, serve others, and better themselves and their families. I want to do all those things. I think the idea of 101 goals in 1001 days is awesome, but I hesitate making it because I don't want to fail. I write down goals all the time, but I almost never cross anything off. I want to change that. I was reading the article in January's Ensign by President Eyring, and, although he teaches about extending a word of warning(sharing the gospel, loving people, teaching by example) to those around us, and by preparing people to be taught by the full-time missionaries, I felt that the Lord was reminding me that I am weak, but that through Him, I can accomplish great things. I can't keep trying and failing to prove that I can do everything. I just can't. And so now I must make the choice to turn all of my weakness and failings over to him to make out of my life what I cannot. And that's ok, because He will make it better than I could, and He will bless me with joy. I have to remember that. I thank Him for so lovingly reminding me that He is always there and wants to help me because He loves me.
1 comment:
I have loved having my 101 things list. Even though I'm sure there are going to be some goals that I don't meet, it's great having a big list that I can work on when I feel like it, and even greater when I pass something off! If you do try it, just keep in mind that it's a big list, and you are most likely not going to reach all your goals on the list. But, it doesn't mean you have failed. Just look at all the things you have done.
Post a Comment