I can't believe that I haven't thought of posting this until now because I'm so excited!! As far as I can tell from what I've given Ammon, he is NO LONGER ALLERGIC TO WHEAT!!!!!!! I am so happy and so relieved for him and for myself. He now loves goldfish crackers, and most especially graham crackers, he could probably eat those all day. It's hard to get him to eat his vegetables....
Some more updated info on Ammon: he is now almost 1 year! Just a couple more weeks! I can't believe how fast time lies as I get older. Ammon loves to play and talk to himself all the time. None of it is recognizable in the English language, but he certainly knows what he's saying. He's got a really cute voice and makes really funny sounds. I'll post a video tomorrow when I'm not quite so tired and I feel like getting the camera out of the bag and uploading it...it's pretty cute. Ammon now has 5 teeth, 3 on top, 2 on bottom. He still loves balls of any kind, especially the round ornaments on the tree! He loves books, and he is really starting to socialize and interact when adults talk to him, he's not quite so nervous. He loves all his family members, but most especially his two wonderful Grandmas. Everytime he goes to visit, he wants to go to them, I'm really happy that he loves them so much. He's also gotten a lot better at being with other people.
I'm down to nursing him only once a day and I love it. I have really enjoyed nursing him, it has always been nice to sit down for some quiet time with him, but I am ready to have a bit more "freedom" I guess you could say, and he's definitely more active and is almost weaning himself. I have found that I have so much more energy since going down to once a day feeding, and I feel like either I've lost some weight or some inches(which is great because I haven't been exercising...). It could just be in my head, but if it makes me feel better about the way I look, I don't care.
For those of you who know Ammon, he is the type of baby that fights going to sleep. He is not cuddly unless he is actually asleep. He is always busy and always on the go. (I can't wait until he starts walking!!). Anyway, it's been a bit of a challenge to find ways of transitioning from playtime to sleeptime. Books and singing songs helps, but he still really fights it most of the time when he senses he's falling asleep so I usually end up having to just put him in his bed to cry himself to sleep. I feel like a horrible mommy sometimes, but he really does seem to sleep longer and better when he falls asleep that way, and his schedule is much more predictable when he can calm himself down to go to sleep. ANYWAY....finally to my point...I was putting Ammon to bed tonight, and he didn't want to sit still in my lap to sing songs, he just cried and wiggled, etc. So I sat him on my lap in the dark(so nothing could grab his attention and keep him awake)and we talked about his day. We talked about church, the home teachers coming over, and going to grandma's house. We talked about Christmas and Baby Jesus, and how much He loves us. I talked to him about Jesus teaching us how to obey and be happy. All through this, Ammon sat still and quiet in my lap just listening. When we finished, I started singing to him again and he snuggled right up to me to start going to sleep. How sweet! These little ones understand so much more than I think most of the time. I know he knew what we were talking about and I know that we both felt the Savior's love at that time. It was such a special little moment for me. I love Ammon so much, and I'm grateful for the reminder that he gives me to keep things simple.
No comments:
Post a Comment