Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's been Confirmed

Well...no more sweet potato or banana puffs for Ammon. The tiny amount of wheat in them did this to him. I quickly gave him benadryl and sighed as it begins to sink in that our lives may become a little different than we planned as Ammon grows and I spend more time finding foods he can safely eat. I feel for you Shauna...

Thank goodness for Benadryl...it was gone within 10 minutes.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I'm really sorry. Wheat is one of the hard ones to work around to. But it is do-able. Yes, it is harder, but you'll find that after while it just becomes a way of life. I have a cookbook that I've really enjoyed that has lots of no wheat recipes! I'll let you peruse it sometime.

Janelle said...

That would be totally hard, Kathie.. I don't know what they say about wheat, but I know my niece, Tessa, had very severe reactions to anything with rice in it and now that Tessa is 11 mo old, my sister just tried a little bit of something with rice flour in it and she didn't react to it. So Katie has slowly added more and more rice into her diet and Tessa seems fine. I wonder what the future holds for our dear little ones, though... if you need anything, let me know!

MamaSue said...

I did have it bookmarked. HaHa! Have a fun trip and take more photos, Love Sue

Melissa E Photography said...

Oh no! That is so hard! So he is allergic to the wheat?

It has been fun catching up on your blog!