So I think Abbie has reflux, and worse than Ammon had it, she spits up when Ammon didn't and she always has the hiccups and "urps" a lot after eating.....BOO!!!!!! We're keeping her elevated as much as possible, so we'll see if that is enough, or if we'll have to get some acid reducer like we did with Ammon. While it was miserable with Ammon having it, I am grateful because it has made me aware of the symptoms, and so hopefully Abbie won't be miserable like he was while we couldn't figure out why he screamed so much!
Other than that, things are great!!! She went 5 hours last night, and I got more sleep than I have since she was born I think, it was wonderful!! Ammon is also doing well, although he has turned into quite the 2 year old. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient through his tantrums and not expect him to obey nearly perfectly like he has for such a long time. It's no fun having him ignore me!!
On another note, he is having lots of fun with his ABC's. He can identify all the letters, even when I write them, which I must say I'm quite proud of. I've noticed a lot of kids struggle to read handwritten letters/words at first. (Wow, I reread that and it sounds so snotty. I know a lot of kids are smart and can do the same things, it's just fun for me to see Ammon learn new things) He loves singing and loves jumping around.
We went on our first walk today and it was great! I put Abbie in the wrap/carrier and strapped Ammon in the stroller and off we went to take advantage of the nice weather. We were lucky enough to find some of his friends and mine playing outside. It was wonderful to get out of the house, and I need to arrange for Ammon to play with friends more so he's not stuck inside all day everyday. I am so excited spring is coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment