Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hallelujah!!!!

Do you all see what Ammon is eating??!!! That's right, it's CAKE! And, it has eggs in it!!!!!!!!!

We took Ammon to his food challenge this last Thursday where he got a piece of cake about every 10 minutes for about 2 hours. Guess what? No reaction!!! We can now give him foods with eggs baked in them, and then after a few weeks of that we'll move to pancakes and waffles, and then things like french toast and eventually, scrambled eggs!!!! We are so excited!

He also had the peanut skin test because his blood work was favorable and he had no reaction to the skin test. That means we get to start introducing peanut butter little by little as well.

I am so grateful for this tender mercy and I am so happy that we don't have to tell Ammon that he can't eat all kinds of different things anymore. I think he's a pretty happy camper as well, judging from his picture!

6 comments:

Rach said...

Hurray! That is great news, Kathie.

Wendy said...

That is so wonderful!

meg said...

YAAAAAAYYYYYY!

That is so exciting! That picture is so cute. Go Ammon! Now you can have your cake and eat it too! And your mom can throw out her applesauce cupcake recipe once and for all.

Yay!

Lar said...

That is very exciting!Imagine the possibilities! :)

Jessica said...

That is so great! I can't imagine how hard it's been on you both.

Shauna said...

Woohoo! Yay for Ammon! It will make things a lot easier!