Can you believe it!? Abbie is 1 month old! In some ways in seems as though she has been with us for much longer, and in others I can't believe it's already been a month since being pregnant!
Anyway, we're getting used to having a family of 4 more and more everyday. Abbie is happy most of the time, except when she's choking and spitting up and then crying because she gulps down air. I'm not used to the spit up because Ammon never did. I hate it when I put on a really cute outfit and then she spits up.....sigh....such is life with a baby right? I know it's normal, I guess I got spoiled with Ammon in that regard. Nights are getting better overall, she's getting used to going to sleep in her bed(she's used to being held a lot during the day). She has gone 5 hours a total of 3 times and I can't wait until that is the norm. I feel like her skin is finally not yellow anymore(apparently there's a thing called breast milk jaundice! Which she got in addition to regular jaundice). Her eyes are doing better and I get to be done putting ointment in them after tomorrow-woohoo!
Last Friday when we were in the Dr. to get some acid reflux medicine, she weighed in a 7# 8oz. We had quite a scare, because when I first put her on the scale, it said she weighed 6# 5oz! I was thinking "what?! she lost weight?" The dr. came in and started telling me I would need to give her a bottle of 2-3 oz of pumped milk or formula AFTER I nursed her. "Okay..." I said, and I thought that pretty much all I would be doing would be feeding her. But thankfully the dr. double-checked her weight and it turns out that the scale just was crazy that first time. Phew!!!!
I feel almost completely normal(other than being tired) and I even have gone grocery shopping with both kids! Ammon is doing well and is starting to take a little more notice of his baby sister. Mostly he just notices her if she's crying, and he sweetly says "it's ok baby Abbie".
It's been a great month and we're so happy to have two happy, healthy children. We're also excited that even though it's snowing randomly, it's getting relatively normal, hooray!
1 comment:
I am not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but I use picasa to edit my pictures. You can download it for free. In any case, Abbie looks beautiful!
Post a Comment