
I sometimes wish I had a tiny little computer right next to my bed so that when I compose a blog post as I'm falling asleep I can write it down while I'm thinking of it, because I never remember by the next day...
I do remember one thing: I have been reading a series written by L.M. Montgomery who wrote the Anne of Green Gables books. They are the Emily books. I love them and highly recommend them. I find myself really identifying with the main character, Emily, in a lot of ways. The story begins with a young girl of 11 who's father dies of consumption and goes to be raised by her mother's family, the proud Murrays. She is very imaginitive, intensely emotional, and has the call to write in her blood. (As I just wrote that I realized that there are really only a couple of ways I identify with her, ha ha)
I have always been a pretty passionate person, very emotional. She finds exquisite joy in small things, and I remember times that I was amazed beyond expression at the ability I had to breathe! She loves to watch people and has an uncanny ability to understand things way beyond her years. I have always had a need to connect with whomever I am good friends with on some emotional level, and Emily's few friends offer her some understanding of her passions and imagination on some level. To find that someone feels the same way and wants the same things I do brings me great joy and fills a small void that only a good friend can fill, outside of my relationship with my husband. I love Emily's personality and her little adventures on the charming Prince Edward Island. It is so fulfilling(can't quite find the right word) to read a story and find that I have a new friend that I understand. It is such a enjoyable and relaxing read.
Next on my list is the new Fablehaven book that came out yesterday. It is the final book in the series and I'm so excited!
1 comment:
I'll have to add that book to my list. Are you on goodreads? Congratulations on your sweet new baby, she is beautiful!
Post a Comment