Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Making habits vs breaking habits

For me life seems to be full of me trying to start good habits and then breaking them....like waking up before Ammon to have personal scripture study, and have a shower. I always break them. I'm very grateful for every Sunday, every temple visit, every General Conference to keep me on track and keep trying. I have rededicated myself to being a diligent follower of Christ, every day. Having a quiet time in the morning to study the scriptures and talk with my Heavenly Father makes all the difference in my day. This time I intend to commit myself to doing these things and stick with it, and this time will be different because I know I can't do it along. I've tried over and over by myself and failed. I need the strength and the companionship of the Spirit if I am to succeed. I believe I can do all these things to bless me with the constant companionship of the Holy Spirit as I have been promised as I keep my covenants with the Lord.

Not-surprisingly, blogging tends to follow the same pattern. If I let myself go too long without writing something down, it will be a while before I do it again. Granted, this break in blogging came because of new carpet, painting, and a disneyland vacation. Good excuses right? I'm good at finding excuses....

Anyway, just a quick post to let you all know I'm still alive and that I have a lot to catch up on.

P.S. The ultrasound is next Tuesday! I can't believe I'm almost 5 mos! I'm starting to show now....so that's always fun. Anyway, I'll post more later and with pictures of Disneyland, woohoo!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

You're so great Kathie. I wish you well, and look forward to hearing more from your blog!

Rach said...

Wow, ultrasound already? I'm excited to find out what you're having!

Good luck with the goals. I do the same thing. Listen to conference, make some goals, do them for a while, break them. Sigh.

Malena Aragon Everill said...

Kathie, I can't wait to see you're cute belly! Plus I'm super excited about your ultrasound :0!!!

meg said...

The thing I have noticed about breaking habits is that each time I get a little further or I do a little better than I did the last time, or I learn something new that I never had supposed. I think that's how life is supposed to be. We fall. That's how this whole earthly business got started, after all. We chip away a piece here and there at the statue that will one day be a masterpiece.

From where I'm standing, your statue is coming along beautifully. Just keep chipping.

Love you.