Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yay for visits!

This past week has been terrific! Dan and Janelle came last Friday for a quick visit from Minnesota(Dan is selling there for the summer). Dan was only able to be here until Sunday and Janelle and the girls are here until tomorrow. Friday and Saturday nights were Rock Band nights, and Matt loved rocking out with his brothers, all of us were there Saturday, including Andy, whih was great! I took my turn playing a little drums and then singing for a bit. I got 100% on the singing, woohoo! We got some pretty good pictures, and I think the kids really enjoyed seeing each other and playing together again. I, of course enjoyed getting together with all the family again.




Ammon loves drumming! He drummed and drummed for probably 10-15 minutes at least. Some people have made comments about him following in Matt and my footsteps, and although, there's not REALLY a way to tell, I must admit that I sure hope he does. Percussion is the best! Especially suitable for personalities such as Matt's and my own.
Here's Janie dumping her bucket. I think that's probably one of her favorite toys at grandma's.
cute cousins.
Ammon has learned how to say cheese when he gets a picture taken. He also has learned how to take pictures all by himself. He holds the camera up to his forehead and says "cheese!".
Sunday was our Case family night and that was great. We decorated cupcakes with blue frosting similar to the ones below. I really enjoyed that.
Monday we had a very windy picnic at the park, but the sun did come out in bits and pieces so the kids had a good time on the playground. Dave and Sue took those that could come to see the movie UP, and Ammon was a lot better behaved that I anticipated, but it was also lucky that the theatre wasn't very full. It was a cute and funny movie and I'm glad that I went.
Yesterday I went to Chick-Fil-A for my first time with Janelle and her girls to play on the play place. They had a great fruit cup and Ammon finally tried a little bit of his chicken nuggets.
Today we met up at the mall for the kids to play in the dinosaur play area and took a little ride on the carousel. Ammon has become quite territorial and has had a hard time being introduced to sharing. Anytime a kid came near him he would scrunch up his face, and start whining and grunting. If they got too close, he would start pushing them! Ahh! He also had a hard time taking turns on the slide, but fortunately, he did get better, for which I am very grateful for. I don't always know how to teach him to share and take turns playing because I don't know how much of what I explain he can understand. But, for the most part I think he understands. I hope I can stay as consistent as possible to help him learn healthy social skills. It's been good for him to get out and play with other kids. I want to make sure to get him out at least once a day for play, it helps me, AND him.

Matt started his intro to human biology class tonight, and his meteorology class begins tomorrow night. Matt's so great to be willing to drive his scooter in the rain. It's been so nice for me to have the car all the time. I told him when he got home tonight how great he is for going in the rain and his response was this: "well, I'm not a girl, I don't have to worry about my hair." Isn't he great? My goal is to be as supportive as possible to help lessen his stress while he takes on a huge load to try to finish his degree by spring. It helps a lot to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Well, I am certainly on my way to writing a novel, so I best be finishing, but I would like to say one thing: I HATE THE PRICE OF BOOKS!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

It's been a ton of fun being here! I am glad that everyone was willing to come and play with us while we were here so it was a very good experience! You are a great mom and I'm glad I have been able to watch you and Meg with your families.. it always helps me to try and be better than i have been.. well there is my novel. I love you!

Candice said...

Ok, tell Matt I love his Jeep shirt. :)

You guys always seem to have the funnest times together, it's great to have a family like that!

Celeste said...

That picture of Ammon at the drums looks a lot like one we have of Daniel at that age showing off the same cheezy grin. He's so adorable! It sounds like you guys have been having lots of fun! I've missed you though, so I'll have to come visit this weekend!

Sharon said...

I miss you too!!