Friday, June 26, 2009

Me? A Gardener?

I have never really enjoyed doing yard work, in fact I kind of dreaded having a house of my own when I grew up because I wanted it to look nice but didn't like weeding and stuff. In May we got some snapdragon seeds and a tiny little greenhouse to plant them in. Ammon loves plants and watering them, so we thought it would be so fun for him to do it. I didn't know if they would grow at all because our apartment is north facing and I didn't know how much sun we got. So we planted them and waited. Well....they grew! And they have done so well, that Ammon and I repotted them yesterday and added some other flowers too! I enjoyed it so much! Ammon loved scooping the dirt in the planter box and watering them. I think they look so pretty and I look forward to more hopefully in the near future! We also got a pretty green plant and put it in what I think is a great pot. Hooray! Now I can't wait until we have our own yard!




3 comments:

Shauna said...

I have the same dislike of yard work but have been pleasantly surprised to find myself wanting to weed so my yard doesn't look like garbage! I think having a touch of success (Yay, my sunflowers are growing!) has given me a boost as well! Yay for plants that grow in spite of our ineptitude!

Rach said...

Ditto to everything Shauna just said. I'm glad your plants are growing! I love looking at my garden and seeing how much stuff is growing there. The other thing I love about having a garden is that we can grow our own food - a huge step to being self-sufficient!

meg said...

Ammon: Cute. Pot: lovely. Flowers: growing--YAY! Me: Love you guys lots!