Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Poetic Justice

My mom tells me that I was a huge mommie's girl; so much so, that I didn't even want my dad to hold me if she wasn't around. Well, we have a momma's boy in our home. Last night I went to go pick up some dinner because I wasn't able to make any due to the fact that Ammon would scream anytime I put him down. Not just whining crying however, it was his hurting cry, it was so sad! So Matt tells me that when I left, Ammon started crawling toward our bedroom and into the closet/vanity area where I have been before and called him to come find me. Apparently when Ammon discovered I wasn't there he cried pretty much until the time I came home. I could tell by the look of his face, even though he smiled when he saw me, that he had been crying. How sad! I wonder if I created this monster, not just due to the fact that I was this way with my mom, and I am receiving poetic justice, but because I pretty much ALWAYS have him. Matt is gone long hours due to school and work and then the fact that I nurse him and he won't take a bottle doesn't exactly allow others to take part very much. Although it is frustrating at times that I can't put him down to brush my teeth, it is so rewarding to know that he has a healthy attachment to his mommy and I know he loves me.

2 comments:

Sarah Titus Jones said...

I seriously feel your pain Kathie! My baby is actually a daddy's girl, but if she isn't with one of us she absolutely freaks out, even if we are right there! I feel so bad that she won't be happy for her anyone else, especially when it is her Grandmas wanting to love her. It's hard to get anything done when they don't want to be put down, too! If you find a great solution, share it with me!

Melanie S. said...

We've come full circle when we go throuh what we put our parents through! My extreme mamma's girl is in preschool now, and even though this is still part of her personality, she has grown out of most of it, so enjoy!