Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Skills

I forgot to post when this happened, although I don't know how I could have forgotten to...anyhow, Ammon FINALLY got his first tooth when he was about 81/2 months. So it only took about 4 1/2 months from the time he first began teething to get through. I wonder what the next teeth are going to be like...

We were over at my parents house the other evening and when it came time to put Ammon in his pj's they weren't in the bag. For all of you who have teased me for being a pack rat and having my diaper bag full to the brim wherever I go, that's why. If I try to cut down and consilidate, I forget important things! Oh well, it turned out to be a good thing because we put a shirt of Celeste's on him and it brought back memories of me wearing over-sized "night-shirts"(Matt does NOT want them to be called nightgowns for boys) and always having one shoulder exposed. He looked adorable. Matt commented, "see? we don't need to buy pajamas, he can just wear your old shirts". Matt is always thinking of ways to save...ha ha.


The pictures never look as good as the real thing, partly because it would help to have a better camera, and also because Ammon just always wants to grab the camera once he sees it, so it's quite difficult to capture him candidly.

That same night I was dancing with my sister and Ammon in the living room(strange you say? try it! it's so fun!) and as usual, I was making a fool of myself which of course made Ammon excited and laugh, and he started to clap. It was great, when he heard the sound coming from his hands, he would turn them to look at them which would make him stop. He's very happy he can clap. It seems to come as a surprise to him everytime he finds himself doing it.

He's also started making silly sounds with his fingers and his lips. Matt and I have been doing this to him and now he does it himself all the time, it's adorable. He's starting to immitate sounds and faces and loves patta-cake, head, shoulders, knees, and toes, and popcorn popping.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I just LOVE this video! I had to watch it twice - it just makes me laugh! It's too bad though that we didn't get a picture of the off-the-shoulder look that night - that was the best part of the whole thing. We'll have to do it again, and you can post side-by-side pictures - you and Ammon in your over-sized t-shirts!

Sharon said...

Scratch that - four times.