The other day I was putting new songs on my playlist to put back on here and I was just feeling an overwhelming gratitude to Heavenly Father for the gift of music. It's miraculous. It can have many purposes: help the mind focus, soothe the soul, calm anger, spark excitement, create indescribable joy, entice the limbs to begin dancing, drown out thoughts or distractions, invite the spirit very quickly and very strongly, and teach principles. Only a being such as our Father in Heaven could have created this beautiful gift. It can touch people more deeply and more profoundly than anything else I know of. It is of an eternal nature(good music that is). Of course some music can have negative affects due to the efforts of the master imitator, Satan.
Music keeps me company at times during the day, much like a book, it can be my friend while I go about my daily activities. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to hear and at times participate in creating music that fulfills some of my needs where nothing else can. Sometimes I really miss playing percussion. I especially love the percussion instruments because they are so powerful in so many different ways depending on what the need of the song is. Probably my all time favorites to play are the marimba and timpani. The timpani in my opinion creates a strong foundation to a musical piece and can swell the music, which in turn always cause my heart to swell. I love the marimba because it is so soothing. The beautiful wooden notes and the sound of a mallet hitting them is exactly my cup of tea. It is my hope to one day own a marimba, and perhaps as my children get older I can continue to play and play in an orchestra. One day....Matt promised me that I could have a marimba.....I look forward to it one day.
1 comment:
You'll get it - I know you will!
Post a Comment