

Ammon turned 9 mos. yesterday! His dr.'s appointment went really well, especially since he didn't have to get any shots. Woohoo! His doctor is so awesome. I love her. She's great with him and makes me feel like a great mom and tells me I'm doing everything right and gives me great advice. I know I don't do much right, but she's so nice and is so complimentary about how cute Ammon is and that he's progressing at a great rate. I think we all need a boost of confidence every now and again.
Anyway, Ammon is 28 3/4" tall which is the 70%, 19lbs 1oz which is the 25% for height, and is in the 25% for head circumference. Oh! I almost forgot! He finally got his first tooth last week! He's been MUCH happier since it finally popped through.
He's been waking up at LEAST 2-3 times every night and it kills me! I have always been the type of person to need plenty of sleep and it's been so hard, especially for Matt, because I get really ornery when I'm tired all the time. Plus, Ammon's schedule for the next day is always different and unpredictable when he's waking up at night. So I talked to the Dr. about it and she said that if we want him to be sleeping through the night and learn how to sooth himself back to sleep when he does wake up(of course unless he's sick or something similar) then we as parents have to respond appropriately. Obviously, my going in everytime he wakes up only trains him to wake up and cry until I come in and won't EVER go to sleep on his own. So last night we started it. I was really kind of dreading it because I was told that some babies will cry up to hours the first night or two before they'll go to sleep, so Matt and I braced ourselves for the worst. We were so blessed however, and when Ammon woke up at 1 am, he cried for about 25 minutes and then went to sleep for the night with his little bum high in the air, he just so cute! And for his afternoon nap he was able to put himself to sleep. I'm so grateful for that, his sleeping habits have been a real source of stress for me lately. Anyway, I hope he can keep it up for the most part. We'll see!
7 comments:
It is so great when they finally go to sleep on their own! I hope he keeps it up. It sure helps mommas with their sanity!
Good luck with the sleeping thing. It's so hard to function like a normal person when you're sleep deprived!
What a blessing that he only cried for 25 minutes! I'm one of those moms who had to listen to hours of crying and it is not even remotely fun!
Good job letting him cry. We still haven't done that with Maylee and we've lost a lot of sleep. He's a cutie!
i'm going through the no sleep cranky baby thing right now. AHHHH. i can't believe ammon is 9 months! i also can't believe he is around 18 pounds... that's what kaleb was at his 6 month visit... my kid is fat! :( lol kidding....
are you dressing ammon up for halloween?!!?!? i'm so excited!
Cute little pics! By the way, if you want some ideas for getting kids to put themselves to sleep, my sister now swears by the book "The Baby Whisperer." I can't remember who the author is. She has an entry about it on her blog though if you want to look it up on my site. Love ya!
He's so dang cute! Look at those eyes! We really need to get together again! :)
Post a Comment