Saturday, January 16, 2010

Some Thoughts

Instead of writing a novel, here a few short(mostly:)) thoughts for the year 2010 so far:

1. It's always so sad, that with all the anticipation of Christmas, it goes by so quickly!

I wish I had more pictures, but I was either too lazy, or the batteries were dead. But it was a great Christmas, mostly because I felt more focused on the Savior than I ever have, I think that is what I will remember most about Christmas in 2009.

2. Ammon's birthday was terrific-with both families. He was spoiled, and is much less bored at home now because of all the fun things he got: an awesome drumset just his size, a table, some more fun train stuff, a book, a car ramp, and some fun new play food!
3. His cake actually turned out the way I hoped it would, a blessing considering having to make a second batch after the first fell apart over night-apparently cupcakes don't like the applesauce version of the egg substitute....
4. Ammon is a happy, healthy 2 year old. 35"-80% in height 27lbs-40%. His speech is doing really well. He is putting together 7-word phrases! He amazes me daily. I'm so grateful that he can communicate his needs and thoughts for the most part. It's crazy that I actually carry on a 2-way conversation with him!

5. Ammon is so brave! He had to go to the allergist for his yearly follow-up and got poked in the back, and had to get his blood drawn. After 2-3 tries and not being able to find his veins under his cute little chubby arms, they sent us up to Primary Children's for another try. He was such a trooper.
6. Matt is my hero. He will be going to school full-time this semester. I'm nervous, scared, overwhelmed, excited...I'm so grateful for a husband so willing to work so hard for his family. I'm grateful that because of his hard work, I can stay home with our children and do what I've always wanted to do.

7. I hate car dealerships....enough said

8. I hate textbook prices and the joke it is to try to sell them back. Let's not open that can of worms.

9. It is possible to have a sinus infection with little to no noticeable congestion in your nose, no fever, no body aches, etc. If you have a sore throat that lasts over a week and you don't have strep, maybe it's a sinus infection!

10. I have 6.5 weeks left until our little Abigail Rose is born, I better start getting ready!

11. I am getting more and more nervous about having two kids, but I'm so excited to not be pregnant anymore!

5 comments:

Debra Hawkins said...

Sounds like you already have alot going on in your life this far into 2010. I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!

Wendy said...

I am feeling the same way about having 2 kids. Everytime I go somewhere I try to imagine how it will be with 2. I am considering only online shopping and going grocery shopping in the middle of the night. :) I hope the next 6 weeks fly by for you!

Sharon said...

Great post Kathie honey!

Lar said...

Ammon's cake turned out great!

I know what you mean about he sinus infection. I had one where the roof of my mouth was swollen and that was the only symptom. It was when I was pregnant, maybe that has something to do with it.

I am excited to meet your baby girl. You'll be surprised with your capacity to be a mother to 2 kids, it's awesome! Good luck!

Tiff Keetch said...

It's probably too late now, but we buy all our textbooks on half.com (it's the book version of ebay).

AND we sell them there too. You set your own price, and as long as your books are somewhat current you'll get them sold. And it's better then getting five bucks from the bookstore for a book you paid over 100 dollars for!

Plus shipping is pretty cheap if you send them "media mail". We average about $4 to ship a textbook, but the buyer pays that too.