Monday, December 21, 2009

Mental Blogger








I have written so many posts lately....in my head! I'll be doing something and think, "when I post, I'll post about this and say this, this, and this". The only problem is that I NEVER get around to posting it! So here I am today trying to remember all I wanted to blog about. sigh....

This month has been a whirlwind!

More so that usual....what with the usual Christmas chaos of getting ready and planning for that, our car's check engine light came on. We took it to a good friend of ours who told us to take it to the dealer so we could get it fixed under the warranty. So we had to make an appointment-several days later-to bring it in. Of course, just like when you go to the dr. and you feel fine that day after you've finally made the appt. our check engine light went OFF. grrr. That same day we dropped the car off, Matt just happened to have a job interview....in LOGAN. Thankfully, we have great family who are always so willing to help out, and lend us their cars. What do you know, that day was also the big snow storm. So we drove up to Logan in the snow for Matt's interview, and we were only 15 min. late! Long and dreadful story short- they offered him the job, but wanted him to take a $10,000 pay cut! On top of that, they told Matt he was being too demanding and that it was more than generous for the Logan area and "his situation as a student" when he told them he couldn't do that-plus he kept having to call them because they would say he would be contacted by a certain time and they didn't...

I'm relieved it didn't work out though, because I think I would have lost my mind trying to get ready for Christmas, Ammon's birthday, finding a place to live and moving all within 3 weeks. Matt was discourage of course, but he deserves to work in a place where he is appreciated and paid at least CLOSE to what he's worth if not exactly. I think a lot of companies that live in a college town just must be used to taking advantage of students. Glad to have moved past that!!!

Our car is finally fixed as well, no thanks to them....ha ha, just kidding. I'm so glad I'm married to someone who is the best "squeaky wheel" you'll ever meet! They kept trying to tell us it was the battery(obviously, the battery is the one thing NOT covered in the warranty.) But we had it tested two separate places and it tested fine. So they finally found the problem and Matt got them to fix it under the warranty AND get us a rental car. What do you know, they got the car back to us within 2 days! Talk about motivation on their part-they covered the cost of the rental car. I love Matt and I'm so grateful we didn't have to deal with expensive car repairs on top of everything else because of his persistence.

This month in primary we are focusing on service and each Sunday people share what service they did the past week. My heart is full of gratitude because of the service several people rendered in my behalf. For those who lent us their cars, or drove me around, or listened to me fall apart on the phone because "I can't handle anymore!", I cannot express enough gratitude. You truly were sent to be a tender mercy of the Lord for us.

December has been good otherwise. We have been able to go to the Festival of the Trees, decorate Christmas cookies, get free hot chocolate and scones from the Winder Farm and enjoy driving around looking at the lights. We found this AMAZING house in Murray whose lights are programmed to a radio station, all I can say to describe it is "WOW!". I found myself in awe the same way I was when I first saw the water show at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. I did a tiny bit of Christmas baking, enough for neighbor and friend gifts and we have enjoyed the sweets of many.

I'm so excited for Christmas this year! I have been reading The Kingdom and the Crown series, and I just started reading the New Testament and so my thoughts have been turned more towards the Savior. It has mad

Last night we went to Matt's parent's and made sock snowmen. Technically it was for the kids, but I ended up doing it and I loved it! It's now my favorite Christmas decoration in our house(out of the what, 3 total?) It made me so happy to make it, thanks Sue and Janelle for the fun idea!



3 comments:

celeste said...

I love the little snowman you made! And I love all the new pictures you've posted and written about. Love you, Kathie!

Eric and Kim Peckham said...

I want some!!! They are so cute! Good job.

Sharon said...

Love the snowman. You were going to blog about the fishies!