Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm a Big Boy Now!

Ammon is growing so fast! Pretty much every day he makes me laugh by something he said or did.

A conversation in nursery yesterday:
Ammon: "I need a dwink"
Teacher: "ok you can have a drink at snack time"
Ammon: "but I'm coughing"
Teacher: "It doesn't sound like your coughing"
Then Ammon proceeds to demonstrate his fake cough. When do kids develop manipulation? lol

I will explain though that Ammon was sick and then I was and whenever he would cough a lot I would give him some water to drink. Then when I was sick, he brought me mine, how sweet.

Ammon loves:
reading books
Backyardigans
hopping and running around
playing with his cousins and friends
being mom's special helper
playing with playdough
singing songs- especially the "daddy daddy bo baddy" song
calling people on the phone
rough-housing with his daddy
Going to grandparents' houses


We got him his toddler bed over the weekend and he slept in it for the first time yesterday. He took a two hour nap in it after church, and then slept all night last night! Hooray! We'll see what happens as he learns and remembers how easy it is to get out on his own, but he sure is excited to be such a big boy. While we were in the store getting the frame he said "my other bed is old" On to new and better things I guess!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

He is such a big boy! It's so fun to watch him grow and gain so many new words and abilities! I especially love the fake coughs. :)