Thursday, February 19, 2009

Time for another post

I have kind of been slacking off on taking pictures and recording events, although, lately, there hasn't been too much to record because life has been a tad slow. We have done some fun things, though. We took Ammon swimming on Monday for family night. Matt had the day off, and we were going with Dan and Janelle and their family. We WERE going to try going around lunch time; however, we got to the pool at 5pm. Such is life, right?

Previously, when we have taken Ammon swimming, he kind of liked it but would only want Matt or me to hold him and wouldn't smile or splash. I decided that part of it might be because he's only wearing shorts and he's probably freezing! So Monday I picked up a little swim shirt for him to see if it would make a difference. Boy did it! This swimming outing has been the best so far! He smiled and laughed, and screamed, kicked, and loved swimming to his grandma and papa. We had a great time.

After Janelle and Sue got their hair colored and cut this weekend, I felt the need for a change in my own looks. My hair has been at that stupid in between short and long hair stage for a while and I haven't liked how it looked, so Tuesday I got it cut. I want to grow it out so I didn't want to take any length off, but I wanted it to look different. So I got bangs! They sweep across my forehead, so I don't quite have actual "bangs", but it's a change and I like it! I haven't had bangs since 7th grade... I guess I could take a picture and post it, I will once I get ready for the day.

Matt is currently looking for a part-time job after work to bring in some extra money to get out of debt and save for his beloved Jeep. So I'm hoping he is able to find something that will be good for him. I'm not necessarily looking forward to never seeing him 6 days a week and eating dinner alone, but I feel so blessed that Matt is willing to work so hard for our family. Good thing I've got such great family to hang out with!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

PICTURES!!! I need more pictures of Ammon!!!