It's amazing how quickly Ammon can learn new things in such a short period of time. I continue to be amazed. We started doing a few baby signs with Ammon around 6 mos. Out of the blue Friday night Ammon decided to use them to communicate. He will say please, all done, eat, and sometimes he will use the sign for "change" when we ask him if he needs his diaper changed. He also is beginning to talk a little bit, he's never been really interested in it. The most obvious word is "yeah" or "yes" when we ask him questions. He kind of nods his entire body as well when his answer is yes.
He has also really taken off with walking. He's walking a lot around the room and has gotten really steady! He's growing so fast, I'm just trying to keep up. Babies really are miracles.
While I'm thinking of it, Ammon's allergist called yesterday and I found out that we'll need to wait a year before trying any eggs at all, same with the nuts. I'm grateful for people like Shauna that unfortunately has to go through the same thing, but who has lots of tips and advice to share about egg-less cooking. Thank you to all those who have offered so much love and support.
3 comments:
Those are priceless videos. I hope you keep them archived somewhere because it will be really interesting in 25 years for him to look at them.
Nice blog entry!
Dave
I'm so glad I can save you some of the experimenting that I had to do. Seriously, we ate spaghetti like three times a week until I found recipes that don't have milk (and that the boys would eat)!
Ammon's expressions are classic! I love how he's looking at you so annoyed after you finally gives you the crackers. He's still pretty sure crying gets it faster.
Post a Comment