I love Sundays. Especially this one. I filled in today for junior primary so I ended up doing both. I had so much in both junior and senior primaries! During senior primary, I looked up at the clock for the first time and realized it was already time to be done! I had to ask one of the leaders if it was really time. Same with junior. I had a lot of fun and was able to be more fun, exciting, and more myself which I have been struggling to do in front of everyone since I got this calling. I wasn't stressed out or nervous like I usually am, and I think the kids had a good time. It also REALLY helped that my wonderful sister Sharon came to take care of Ammon during both primaries and it was wonderful to not have to worry about him or be distracted and forget the words to the songs because he's crying in the halls(I'm sorry to everyone who witnessed that last week). All in all, I felt the spirit and that it was a great success. Hooray!!!
After church we headed to my parents' for dinner and that was a lot of fun too. Ammon is doing great with his baby signs and they all loved watching him toddle around and say "please" everytime he thought of, or saw the phone.
Oh! Crazy story....Ammon usually is pretty careful when he's at the top of stairs and knows to go down them backwards, but for some reason, he just started charging towards the stairs and didn't slow down. I got up to move towards him, and as he steps over them edge, somehow I was able to switch the measuring cups I had in my right to my left hand barely in time to catch Ammon by the fingers before falling down my mom's wood staircase. It truly was a miracle. I don't know how I moved fast enough, but I am so grateful that I did. It would have been a nasty fall.
Of course we sisters enjoyed some crazy dance time to Barry Manilow(sp?) in the living room, and Rachel graced us with a new dance costume she created. (Sorry, Rachel, I just couldn't leave it out, at least there are no pictures) I know, we are crazy. But we have a lot of fun, and Ammon absolutely loved watching people dance and dancing himself. I love spending time with family and laughing.
7 comments:
I think babies sometimes must think that they can take on the stairs like adults do (it must not look that hard). Bailee did something similar once trying to follow as I was going out the door one day at Dan & Janelle's old house. She rolled down a few stairs and was okay, but afterwards we had to laugh at how she just charged for them without a second thought!
We all had fun too! Too bad Matt couldn't quite get into the dancing - he really has no idea what he's missing. We should make it a regular thing. Plus, we didn't have time to sing! You have to come back soon!! Please? (I'm rubbing my tummy just like Ammon)
Hey.....
Do you think Heavenly Father ever sees us heading for our own personal set of stairs and saves us from a dangerous fall? It's something to think about, and I do believe He does.
See you next week!
Dave
i like dave's thinking.
i am so glad you caught ammon. i am terrified of something like that happening to kaleb. he has learned to go up stair but not come down. so when we are at my mom's we have to keep an eye on him otherwise he'll sneak up the stairs.
that is awesome that ammon is doing baby signs! have you just been teaching him or do you ha the baby signing time videos? just curious because i have just began teaching kaleb singing.
Kathie, you really have to get Matt to dance, he is good and sometimes so funny. I like his old man country dancing. Sue
Ha! Everyone was totally jealous of my dance costume.. that was one of my best. Until we get Matt to dance with us, which we will, I will be thinking of a dance costume for him. Don't even worry about it. :)
Post a Comment