
I just need to vent a little I think...School is hard! And I'm not even going to school! So far this has been the toughest semester for Matt and me. His calculus class is grueling, and VERY time consuming, he's got a lot of stress at work, goes to school, comes home and has to help out with Ammon and do his homework. He's pretty overwhelmed. And poor, pathetic little Kathie gets exhausted after being with Ammon all day! It's so pathetic. I feel like I don't do anything and that I should be able to do more during the day and to help Matt out. It's horrible for us to look ahead too and know that he won't even get his ASSOCIATES for two more years....I don't know how we'll survive more stress and business, but somehow I have faith that the Lord will increase our capacities to handle what is to come. I really don't have anything to complain about, I shouldn't. But it's hard for me sometimes, I don't know why. I feel so old sometimes...lol. I really am pathetic. I always go through a few days feeling so tired and overwhelmed and then Heavenly Father helps me find strength and motivation and then things get much better. I'll just keep doing my best. I pray that Matt will be able to cope and accomplish what he needs to and still find time to relax so he can lower his blood pressure. I pray also that I will do more to lessen his stresses at home. Sorry, this is a boring post and really only for me to write my feelings down so I can move on, so thanks for your patience.
5 comments:
Dearest of Kathies... I know things will work out for you both. Matt is a good man, and a strong one. The Lord will bless him as you say, and you too. Tough things are the ones that are worthwhile. Hang in there. We're all praying for you. Love Mom
Kathie, I can totally empathize! It is soo hard being alone all day and only talking to a baby. It does get better!
It is incredibly hard. Kev and I survived five years of it, but I honestly don't know how. Just hang in there and remember that 1) it won't last forever even though it seems like it will right now and 2) you have a fabulous assortment of ladies nearby who totally know what you are dealing with. Let me know if you need a break from it all. I'm happy to do whatever I can to help!
Kathie,
Don't get too down on yourself. You and Matt are doing great.
I really feel that Heavenly Father allows us to struggle early in life/marriage in order to make us and our relationships stronger. You and Matt are pulling through just fine and in 25 years you will have an entirely different perspective on what you have gone through. (I bet Kim will back me up on that one!)
I guess the key is to keep the eternal perspective in mind as you and Matt together deal with your challenges and crises.
school is sooo time consuming. joel isn't getting home until after 8 3 nights a week and it's killing me. i feel like i am pretty pathetic too ;) by 5:30 every night i am so over being a mom. i have no patients left and seriously want to give kaleb away. okay maybe that was a little harsh. but seriously it must get better :) hang in there ! your are blessed to have a husband who is willing to help out after his long day.
Post a Comment