~We moved! We had been in our apartment since we got married, 3 1/2 years ago and it has been great to be in a new place! We are living in the basement apartment of Matt's parents for a year to pay off debt and save for our own place. We are so excited to be moving forward and planning more for our future. We love the new ward. This is the ward Matt grew up in and I am amazed at the goodness and love of the people here. As I sat in Relief Society I felt that everyone in there really cared about each other and were willing to help each other as family-and that is what Relief Society is.
~Matt has a new job! About 2 weeks ago he started working at Wyndham selling upgrades to time-share owners(does that even make sense?) It was a scary change for me because it meant going from reliable income to 100% commission. Ahh!!! But we prayed about and felt good about it and Heavenly Father has shown us that he will take care of us when we put our faith in Him. Matt has done really well so far and I know that it is the mercy of the Lord, and we are so grateful. We are excited at the prospect of getting out of debt more quickly and saving more and faster. The health benefits are better and he really likes the upbeat motivational atmosphere. It was been a bit of an adjustment to the new 1-9pm schedule, but overall it's been a terrific change. It's great to have Matt home in the morning.
For Abbie's first 4 months, she was quite the challenge for me in some ways...Putting her to sleep took up to 1 1/2 hrs almost everytime! She is also very attached to her binkie and HAD to be swaddled to go to sleep, and then we would sit on my exercise ball and bounce....and bounce...and bounce....etc. It's been pretty amazing though because literally overnight things got so much better. It was the day Matt started work(I was so nervous about bedtime when he started) I know Heavenly Father gave me a tender mercy there. She has been able to put herself to sleep in her bed, and is learning how to go to sleep without having her arms pinned down. She's gotten to be really fun. She is now:
-squeeling, and laughing
-rolling to her side(she rolled from front to back on July 26)
-she has now eaten rice cereal, green beans, and peas) she doesn't like green beans but she does like the peas. Her pediatrician recommended that we start with vegetables then cereals then fruits to really encourage getting enough vegetables and get babies taste buds used to veggies instead of only sweet, starchy foods. She has done really well, and it's so fun to watch her, she uses her tongue a lot!
-she loves her mommy! Who says separation anxiety doesn't start until later???
-she likes being sung to
-she apparently doesn't like Relief Society, ha ha, because for the past couple weeks, I have been out in the hall more than I have been in listening to the lesson. Nah-Sundays are just hard with nap times!
-Abbie is using her hands more and more, especially for grabbing mommy's hair
-sleeping at least 8 hours a night! Hooray!
Ammon is becoming more and more fun. His memory astonishes us and he loves to learn how and why things are the way they are. As of late, his favorite phrase is "why?" It reminds me of Pinocchio. He has probably at least half of his books mostly memorized and it is so fun to read stories with him and have him say the words in his cute little way.
Monday night he got to sleep in the tent in the backyard with his dad and they had a great time jumping around till 12:30 because it was so exciting to be camping! Ammon loves to help out and is a great conversationalist.
I have discovered that I need to work to retrieve my identity. I talk about my kid's and my husband's accomplishments as if they were my own. Which is good that I am happy for them, but I need to enrich myself and work to rebuild my skills and talents. I can't remember if I have written this before, but I plan on contacting some people about joining a city orchestra which I am both excited and nervous about because I haven't played percussion in about 4 years....But there is nothing like performing with a band or orchestra and I know I'll regret it if I look back after 40+ years not having done it.
We like our new ward and will be set apart for a calling this Sunday which I am really looking forward to. It has been a great move for us.
1 comment:
This was a great post, Kathie! I love how you describe the things that Ammon and Abbie do--it's like it's happening right in front of me! And I really admire how positive you are and how you attribute your blessings to Heavenly Father's tender mercies. I can't wait to hear about your new calling! :)
Post a Comment