Friday, June 18, 2010

Time Waster

Guilty! I am so guilty of wasting so much time! I really want to do better. I can't believe how much time I waste just looking at facebook over and over through out the day(I hardly ever post anything, I just look to see what other people write-how pathetic!)

I have had so many things that I want to document, but never do thinking I have no time, but I have no time because I wasted too much of it....grrr....

I am now resolving to do better. To get to bed earlier, wake up earlier-because when I get an early start to the day, I spend my time much more wisely-i.e. more time with the kids because I already got myself ready for the day....I need to be better! I will!

Just a quick update on the Matt and Kathie Case family:

We are moving next Saturday! We will be moving into Matt's parents' basement apartment for a year to pay off debt and save for our own home. I am sad to leave our ward and the friends that Ammon and I have made, but I am really looking forward to the change. There will be a yard for us to play in, a little park nearby, and great parents living upstairs, and money to be saved!

Ammon:
-He makes us laugh all the time.
-He is very curious and loves to learn new things.
-Asks lots of questions
-He is great at conversation and has a great memory.
-He has become a backseat driver lately. He now knows that the red light means stop and the green light means go, so he watches for them and tells us "watch out fo the wed wights, mom". If Matt or I makes any kind of sound like "ugh!" or talk to other drivers making poor driving decisions, Ammon says, "what mom? what happening?"
-He loves to jump off of everything and he loves to help. When we first brought boxes home to pack things in, he started getting all his toys from his room and packed them in the boxes.
-He is confident in his abilities. When he wants to help with something he explains, "I'm getting biggew and biggew! I'm stwong!"
-He is a 2 year old, and consequently has a hard time listening and obeying, and I have to frequently remind myself not to expect him to obey perfectly all the time otherwise I get really frustrated.
-He loves any kind of sport. He's got a great throwing arm, he's great with a bat, and great with catching. He currently is in love with baseball and always wants to play. To satisfy his needs indoor, we use a tiny stuffed ball and a hot pad mitt. Works perfectly!
-Ammon loves instruments! Ever since seeing his Uncle Daniel play his saxophone in his concert a few weeks ago, he loves pretending things are horns and playing his little drumset. He tells me about how he's going to play the tuba in the band room when he grows up.
-Loves any kind of vehicle. We spend our car rides identifying cars and trucks. Most people avoid construction zones....we love them! Yay for diggers and bulldozers(which Ammon has informed me he should drive).

Abbie
We just went to Abbie 4 mos. well check today. Her stats are:
Weight: 12 lbs 8 oz. 25%
Height: 24 1/4" 50%
Head: 38 1/2 cm 3%!

-She is now smiling lots and lots, especially in the mornings, after a nap, and when she's got a full tummy.
-She plays with her hands, is starting to swat at and reach for toys and loves to watch Ammon.
-She has outgrown her need for reflux medicine-thank goodness.
-Abbie seems to be a mommy's girl already and I have to keep myself from always taking her from people when she's crying to calm her down my way.
-She still loves to be swaddled tight to go to sleep with her binkie of course and puts up quite a fight if we try it any other way. It is getting easier though
-She is now sleeping through most of the night sleeping anywhere from 5-8 hours-and luckily goes to bed roughly the same time as Ammon.
-Likes playing like a "big girl" standing up, being in an exersaucer, playing on her tummy, etc.
-Will take a bottle! Hooray!!!!!!
-LOVES her binkie
-kicks her legs a lot when she's excited
-loves baths
-likes looking at the bright colors on the computer screen

Not too much is different for Matt and Me. We have been reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and we are really enjoying it. I am hoping to find a local city orchestra or band that perhaps I can get back to playing again. We love our much more consistent dates and appreciate our great family for always making it possible.

I won't mention our stats on here because quite frankly we're not SUPPOSED to be growing anymore! I keep telling myself that once we move I will go on lots of walks, we'll go on hikes, go swimming, and I'll be active playing with Ammon in the yard. I really hope that's not too optimistic. I just get the munchies now and again...At least I make sure we're eating fruits and veggies for almost every meal, that's something! No...it's not that bad, I was actually able to fit into one of my skinniest jeans last week, hooray!

What a long post! Well, at least I got it down for my mind's sake. I hope you enjoyed it!


3 comments:

Debra Hawkins said...

I know how you feel! I have had to make a routine. I get all of my e-mail checking, posting and such done at once and then I turn the computer off, so I am not tempted to just waste time on it. Sometimes I will get back on, such as today when I am working on Father's Day presents and such but it is I think too tempting to have it on all the time.

Kyle and Alyssa said...

Good luck with the move and packing and all the craziness with 2 cute kids:) I'm right behind you with moving, but it's sad we are going so far away! I hope you guys are able to save a bundle and can find the perfect place...maybe AZ? we're in glendale, by the way...Thanks for being so amazing! I have really enjoyed all of our get togethers and visiting teaching! You are so good in Primary too! Thanks for being my friend...I'll be checking up on you so keep the updates coming and I'll do better myself with that. Keep in touch! Love ya

Sarah Titus Jones said...

Kathie, you sound like me. Don't feel too guilty. Sometimes you need to just check out for a minute with two munchkins and a minute is all you get. Facebook is an easy "adult" moment. I think every mom has lots of "resolving to do better" lists. Good luck with it, but don't beat yourself up over it.