






After the hike, we spent the night at Matt's parents while they were away for the night to watch their dogs. Sue's Mother's day gift from us was a few hours' weeding in her backyard, so we got up on beautiful Saturday morning to work out in the yard. It made me really look forward to having a yard of our own. Ammon of course helped pull "weeds" and thoroughly enjoyed himself playing the dirt all morning. Matt worked for several hours trying to get a tree stump out that he will need to work on some more this week and I made a yummy ice cream cake for the BBQ at my parent's house that evening. Here is the recipe. Way easy, and WAY yummy. Thanks Meg for introducing it to us! We enjoyed hamburgers, guacamole, raspberry and preztel jello stuff, and sweet potatoes with my family and my grandma. After dinner, we walked to the park and played some good old tornado and a 3 on 1 game of basketball(me, Celeste, and Rachel against Matt) and we won! Although I shouldn't be too proud because I apparently don't know the rules of basketball very well because I guess screens aren't supposed to move, and I learned a little more about what consistutes a foul. It was a lot of fun anyway! Celeste was really nice and agreed to watch Ammon so a few of us could go see Wolverine last minute. That was a lot of fun, and overall it was an excellent Mother's Day. Sunday was nice as well, and we enjoyed a great dinner at Dave and Sue's and visited for a bit before going to my grandma's for a quick visit. Yay for fun weekends!
3 comments:
But Matt HAS been to Timp Cave!
I know, because it about killed me to carry his "little" brother, who at the time was 2 or 3 years old.
So he was probably 4 or 5, he just doesn't remember it.
Happy hiking!
Dad
Timp is a good hike. Pretty steep at times, but it's paved. Daniel loved it when we hiked it last summer :)
Timp can be pretty steep at times, but it is well worth hauling your buns up the mountain. The caves are so fun!
How was wolverine? Kev and I have it on our to see list.
Post a Comment